Skin Tight

"Lacey come on, get up and get dressed" Nova says shaking me.

Since everything that's happened with Jonas I didn't even go to school, I stayed in my room crying. Today was Friday and I promised Wes that I would still go to his concert even though I haven't been to school. The girls have been trying to get me up for the past hour but I wasn't having it.

"No just go away Novs" I groan as I push the pillow closer to my body.

"Lace come on, you promised Wes" April pipes up.

I groan and throw the pillow across the room.

"I hate you guys"

"We love you to bitch" Nova says.

They work together to pull the blankets off of me. I slowly get up and stretch.

"Now get your butt in the shower, we're leaving in two hours" Nova says smacking my butt.

I roll my eyes at her and make my way into my bathroom. After turning on the water, I step out of my clothes and into the shower. I let the water pour down my body, so hot it was leaving welts. It was burning me but I didn't care. My skin was bright red but I didn't care. The pain was not enough to make him go away. He wouldn't leave my head. His voice, his eyes, his lips, his words. They never left. I keep replaying in my head what he said to me.

I know I screwed up.

I don't deserve another chance.

I'll always love you no matter what.

You're it for me.

It repeated over and over in my head since I walked away from him. I loved him, and I missed him. But I couldn't trust him anymore. I know he loved me but I just couldn't. I haven't slept, I've barely eaten, and I'm just downright miserable.

"Lacey? You okay in there? It's been 45 minutes" Nova says as she knocks on the door, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I'm almost done!" I reply turning off the water and stepping out of the shower.

I wrap myself in a towel and stand in front of the mirror, wiping away the sweat from the mirror I glance at myself. I looked so bad. My eyes were puffy and red, my skin was pale, my lips were dry and cracked, and my hair was matted. This breakup is getting the better of me.

I quickly apply some strawberry chapstick and product to my hair so it's easier to work with, before joining April and Nova back in my room.

"Finally!" Nova screams getting off of my bed.

April slowly stands from the bed and makes her way over to me.

"You okay?"

"I will be" I say in a low voice.

"No none of that! No thinking about boys tonight!" Nova pipes up.

"We picked out your outfit for you" April says handing me some clothes.

I smile at her before stepping back into the bathroom to change. They had given me a tight red dress that fit on my body like second skin, and a black studded leather jacket.

After getting changed and returning to the girls, they sat me down in my chair and divided themselves to tackle a different part of me, Nova my hair and April my makeup.

"We're going to make you look so good Jonas will literally die" Nova says behind as she curls my blonde hair.

They both had been keen on making Jonas jealous. Something about how that way he would be as miserable as I was, and maybe he'd learn his lesson. I didn't mind but at the same time, I didn't like seeing him hurt.

After more poking and prodding I'm finally done. The girls step back and they both look at me with huge grins on their faces.

"You're perfect" April says.

Nova turns my chair around so I can see myself in my vanity mirror. I was stunned. My hair was in loose beach curls and my makeup was dark but not trashy, it looked appealing. My eyes were covered in different shades of grey and on my lips was a red lipstick that matched the dress perfectly.

"Wow" I say breathless.

"You look amazing Lace." Nova says as she picks up my shoes.

She holds them out to me and i take them before putting them on my feet, she told me to wear heels, high ones, they completed the outfit better. I guess...

I felt confident and beautiful.

"You ready?" Nova asks

I nod my head and stand up.

Nova and April both wrap their arms around me in an embrace but quickly pull away. I follow them out of my bedroom and to the kitchen, where Spencer, Benji, and Jonas are all sitting.

I stop in my tracks as soon as I see him. His stubble was back and he look so sexy, but he was tired, I could tell he hadn't been sleeping either.

All the guys look up and in our direction when they hear the sound of our heels. His eyes roam my body until they find mine.

Our eyes lock onto each other and I forgot how to breath. His eyes were dark and hooded, and filled with emotion.

Nova and April were talking to the guys but I didn't hear any of it, my attention was on him. The way his body was weak yet tense, and how his hair was unbrushed and messy, his brown eyes were glassy. I could tell he was affected.

But I couldn't take it, seeing him like this broke me. I wanted to be mad at him, but I couldn't be. I didn't know how much longer I could put up with it. I missed him so much. I needed him. I feel tears stinging my eyes but I hold them back, I didn't want to ruin April's work.

My heart was holding on by a string, it slowly broke everyday, not being with him, not kissing him, not loving him. But I always loved him and I always will. That will never change no matter if we're together or not. He will always be my one and only. My rock, my other half. Always.

So when he tears his eyes away from me and looks away, my heart shattered into a million pieces. He hangs his head and won't look at me anymore, I needed him to look at me. I was breaking, I wanted him to see. I wanted to run up to him, I wanted to kiss him, I wanted to forgive him. But I couldn't, my brain wouldn't let me.

I force the tears back and the lump out of my throat as the girls pull me away and out the door. Tonight was a night of freedom.