Moving On

"Miss Wright!"

I whip my head up and squint at the teacher glaring at me.

"Take the sunglasses off"

"But my head hurts really bad"

"I don't care, Take then off and start paying attention or I'll give you double the work"

"But Mr. Smith-"

"No excuses"

I sigh and take the glasses off, as the light bores into my eyes I flinch, the throbbing in my head was to much to bear.

Mr. Smith goes to the front of the room and continues his lesson.

I groan and lay my head on my desk, trying my hardest to keep the light out. I hear Mr. Smith talking but I don't pick anything up that he's saying, my brain can't take anymore. It feels like it's going to explode.

Eventually the bell rings signaling that class is over. I gather my things and put them in my bag before heading out of the classroom.

**

"Did you talk to him last night?" Nova asks as we reach her car

I shake my head.

"No, I fell asleep, but he kissed me on my forehead. He thought I was sleeping but I wasn't. It's good to know that he still isn't mad at me"

Nova scoffs as she pulls onto the street leading away from the school.

"He'd be even more of an idiot if he was still mad at you, especially considering you didn't do anything."

"I'm just worried Novs"

"Why?"

"He hasn't tried to talk to me at all, aside from last night he had been ignoring me. What if he thought about it and doesn't want to be with me anymore?"

Nova stays silent, her eyes glued to the road.

"Then he doesn't, if he feels that way then don't waste time crying over him, it's just like you told me, he doesn't deserve your tears. You'll find someone else who will love you for you"

I smile at her and her faces gets red.

"You like someone don't you?"

The red in her cheeks intensifies.

"Who is it?"

"Wes"

I squeal.

"Oh my god Nova that's great!"

A huge smile appears on her face.

"I know, today at lunch while you were groaning because of your head we got a chance to talk, and we really get along well and we have a lot in common."

"Thanks great, I'm so happy for you"

The smile on her face widens.

"Oh how about you come with me Friday night to see his band perform? He gave me two tickets. I think it'd be great for you guys"

She doesn't even hesitate.

"Yes of course I'll go! Date night with my bestie and seeing a concert! Hell yeah!"

"Great! I'll let him know tomorrow."

"I'll just tell him tonight"

My eyes widen.

"What?"

"Oh yeah, he uh asked me to go to the movies with him tonight"

"Bitch why didn't you tell me!"