Taking Care Of Business

I was tired of waiting. I was tired of holding back what I felt, and even if Jonas wasn't going to do anything about Vikki I sure as hell wasn't going to keep dragging Benji along.

True he cheated on me, but I still didn't find it fair that I was hiding this secret from him. I had called him when Nova and I got back to the apartment, he agreed to meet me there. And the butterflies in my stomach fluttered making me feel sick. I was not looking forward to this conversation.

"You got this Lacey, you can do it" Nova says squeezing my shoulder.

She refused to leave my side until Benji left, to make sure I was ok.

"I know, I just am trying to figure out what to say, or how to say it. How do you tell someone you don't love them?"

Nova looks at me, pain and sorrow in her eyes.

"It's a lot easier than you think" she says, her voice cracking.

I glance over at her and notice the tears pouring out of her eyes.

"Oh my god Nova, what's wrong?"

She sobs into my shoulder as I wrap her in a hug.

"Dakota left me. He said he didn't want to be with me anymore, he said he didn't love me. He met someone else" she wails.

"Oh Nova, I'm so sorry."

"He promised we'd always be together, he promised me that he'd always love me. He promised me that we were never be apart. And then he went and broke my heart Lacey, I gave him everything, he was my first, my only. And I miss him."

I didn't know what to say but the guilt ate me up, I had been so busy dealing with my own shit and pulling Nova into it, I didn't  even bother to think something was wrong.

"I'm so sorry Nova, I'm a terrible friend"

She squeezes me tighter as she continues to sob into my shoulder.

"No you're not" she sniffles

"You're amazing Lace, you've always been there for me, and maybe if I had listened to you when things first started to go south with us, I wouldn't have fallen so madly in love with him."

"That's what's love does to you Nova. Sometimes it sucks because it doesn't work out, sometimes it's just not meant to be. Sometimes the universe puts people in our lives for a reason and takes others out for a reason. Love make you see only the good no matter how much badness they have. Love makes you see them clearly. Love makes you crazy and insane. Love makes you do things you regret. But that's how it is."

And I was right. Love made you do crazy stupid things. It made you actually give yourself to someone. Love made you crazy. Love made you open up. Loving someone so hard made you take on all their baggage as your own. Love makes you stumble and fall. But love also helps you stand, it helps you heal. It helps you feel. Being in love with someone is the best feeling in the world. They are constantly on your mind and in your heart. No matter what.

Distance isn't an issue because once you know that you're loved. Your heart is full. You're finally able to break down your walls, that you've spent so long trying to keep up. And the baggage that comes with the love, it's nothing, the love outshines the hurt, the pain, the sorrow. Having a baby wasn't going to stop me from loving him, nothing could. I was in to deep, I was already involved. My heart couldn't say no to him.

"Benji is gonna be here soon, I'll go wait in your room" Nova says removing me from her embrace.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? I can talk to him later"