Chapter 3- Abandoned Village

"Just call me Kami. No need to keep calling me mister" Kami said without taking his attention away from the road.

"Kami, that's a weird name. Are you from a faraway land?" she replied curiously looking up at him

"Something like that, look I think we're almost there" he pointed his finger at the distance.

Near the horizon there was a couple of small houses you could see. It didn't look like anyone was outside but considering that this was probably the town that was just attacked by the goblins. If there were any survivors they wouldn't be walking around at this point. Kami had thought it would be a town of sorts but seeing how small it was and how it looked like it had small farms to the side it would appear to be more of a village.

"What's this place called Himari?" he asked her as they approached the village.

"Itsu Village. Mommy and Daddy always said we live far away from other people. Sometimes they go by horses and visit the city to get stuff when we need it." she told Kami.

As they got closer he noticed a lot of the place was a mess. Many of the houses had doors torn down and windows broken. There were broken objects all over the road as though someone had rummage through everything. Funny enough, there were no bodies that he expected to find laying around the roads or blood or anything of that sort. He was ok with it but he was preparing himself for that scenario.

"You remember which house is yours right?"

Himari nodded her head and gently pulled on his hand. She began leading him towards her house through the empty houses. He looked around hoping to see any signs of life but as far as he could tell, this village had been abandoned. They suddenly came to a stop and pointed to a small house in front of them. He smiled at her and pulled her hand back.

"Stay behind me, we're going to check out what's inside." Kami ordered her as Himari looked up at him and nodded her head.

Alright let's see here.

His eyes began to glow and the walls became invisible. He was able to see through the walls as he scanned the entire rooms. It seemed empty, just everything tossed around the home. He felt a sudden trickle on his body like something had just exited it but he didn't pay much attention. Kami walked up to the house with Himari following behind him closely.

"I don't think there's anything in there. I just looked around but just in case, you sure this is your home, right?" he asked her once more.

"Yes, Mister Kami" she nodded her head at him.

He walked past the door and gave the room around him a quick look. Just like he had seen, the house was indeed empty. It would be one thing to find her parents well and alive, even finding them dead on the floor would be understandable, but the fact that there was no one here and no one as he could tell in this village was suspicious.

"You said the village was attacked by goblins, did you see if they were trying to hurt anyone?"

She stuck the tip of her tongue out and furrowed her eyebrows. It looked like she was trying to remember what happened exactly. Kami gave a small chuckle, he thought she looked a bit adorable with that expression.

"No, I think they were just grabbing people and taking them away. Mommy just told me to run I don't know what was happening." she replied.

Her eyes looked sadly up at him. He felt that she wasn't expecting her parents to be alive at this point. It was a bit sad seeing it this way. As God of All Creation he had always seen many humans lose someone they love or care for but he had never truly experienced it this close to one of them. It was always as a far observer. Even so he always felt for them, it was the way of life. Many of them didn't know the lavishes they were to expect when they got to heaven but even so the loss of someone is great.