Chapter 66- Invitation to Fight

Kami walked casually behind a few guards who led him down the hallway of the castle.

He  smiled, this scenario somehow reminded him of when he was being led  down that dungeon into his cell, except this time he was being treated  way more properly to his standards.

The guards made a sudden stop as they turned around and simply raised there hand showing him that he should go in.

He stepped into the  room curious as to why the guards never did say anything. It was  probably the way they were taught to handle situations. Point and expect  the other party to understand. The ability to speak was being wasted on  them.

It  was a large cozy room with what looked like sitting arrangements for  just about everyone in the city. There was furniture near a fireplace to  one side of the room and on the other, multiple large tables on with  leather chairs placed around. The walls were aligned with paintings and  fancy cloths he assumed were of some significance to the kingdom. 

Kami continued to look around at the empty room as the only noise that filled the silence was the crackling sound of the fire. He moved closer towards one of many bookshelves and started scanning for anything that might look or sound interesting.

I  suppose if I had free time reading some of these might be interesting.  Let's see here, "A Quick Lesson in Economical Rules". Quick? This thing  looks like it's a clean 600 plus pages, humans don't read fast enough to  consider this quick last I remember, maybe a day's sitting? "Racial Divide and Why it Works", that sounds sketchy. What else is there, "Proper Etiquette: A Guide to a Gentleman's Path", that's fancy.

Kami  lost himself in reading the title of the books before he knew it. He  wondered if there was anything dealing with skills or maybe books that  taught people about other combat-based mechanics around here. From the looks of it, none of those types of books were in this room. 

"Find anything that catches your interest" spoke a familiar voice behind him.

Kami turned around casually as he stared at the man in front of him. 

"Hmmm, a few good titles, I'm more interested in books about magic or weapon skills or such."

Prince Masfrit lightly chuckled as he made his way towards a small rack on the side that held multiple bottles of what appeared to be alcohol.

He grabbed one and stared back at Kami.

"Would you care for a drink?"

Kami shook his head and smiled back.

"I would rather know why I'm here exactly."

The  prince nodded his head and return his attention to the bottle he held  on his hand. He slowly grabbed a glass that was next to the rack and  opened the bottle. The way he poured the glass was somewhat elegant and sophisticated.

There was a moment of silence as Kami stared at the prince serving himself a drink. 

The prince took a small sip from the glass and closed his eyes enjoying the beverage. He was purposedly delaying saying anything to test Kami's reaction.

Usually  a good sign of a Hero or warrior would be one that has a form of  patience. He wanted to see if Kami was a Hero who was cocky and brash  even with people like himself or patient and understanding. 

By  the looks of it, it was the better of the two if any. The way he stared  at him was not of someone who was being patient or about to explode  either.

From  the perspective of the prince, Kami's eyes sparkled with curiosity but  at the same time he maintained the appearance of someone who was more  than willing to wait ages until he spoke.