Chapter 65- Not Done Yet

"No more!" a voiced echoed out loud.

Two figures stood in the middle of a large arena. The lighting was minimal giving the area around them a minimal amount of sight. The only well-lit area was the arena in which they stood in. From the shadows there were figures whose presence could barely be seen staring back at the two of them.

One was a tall woman with ashy-white skin. Her eyes were a piercing red color that gave a soulless feel to them. Her hair was long and reached past her back and was a faded white-black color. The woman's lips were glossed black and her eyes had a dark shade underneath them. Although her appearance made her look unhuman there was something mystical and attractive about her character.

The other was a man who cowered in front of her. He had the same color of skin and eyes as hers but his hair was much messier and shorter. It was almost greasy looking and made him look like a crazy person.

The man fell to his knees as he began to silently sob.

"No more, I yield..."

The woman stood in the silence of the room taking in the sole noise coming from the man's tears as she lifted her finger slowly.

The man's tears changed to a painful struggle. A mysterious forced pulled him to his feet causing him discomfort.

"I will take your words of surrender as the first wise decision you have done today. Challenging me for leadership was foolish. I hope this will teach you where you stand, along with the rest of you." the woman spoke as her eyes wandered around the room.

Her voice was gentle and silvery and spoke to the hearts of the others around her as though it was a more of a command than a suggestion.

"Go then, back to work with you, this goes for the rest of you as well."

The woman lowered her finger and the cowardly man was released from his hold.

He immediately bowed as far as he could go and made a hasty retreat.

The other shadow figures slowly made their way out as the woman stood in the middle of the arena staring at them leave.

Once she knew they were all gone she sighed heavily.

It was a hassle for her to have to consistently battle her own kind every other week to remain as the leader. It was entertaining at first watching them challenge her for supremacy but by now it had lost its flare and it had become a burden. Was it not that she felt pity for them she would slaughter the challenger every time but instead, she would let them off with a warning, a threatening looking stare or two, and a dismissal. This would keep them at bay for a small while but sure enough, one of them would stand up and try to challenger her once again.

Perhaps it was her mercy that gave them this false sense of hopefulness that they might be able to beat her. After all, if they could, they would kill her while she held back every time. It was a disadvantage to her, but even so, her strength alone was far more than theirs.

There was a small clap that came from the shadows that snapped her back into reality. She looked in the direction in which the clap came from as a recognizable figure stepped out from the shadows and into the light.

"Well done, impressive I have to say. We certainly did choose an excellent leader for the Vampires."

It was the masked man who worked alongside the God of Calamity.

She remained emotionless at hearing his words and simply closed her eyes and gave a light bow.

"How may we assist you this time?"

The masked man coughed a bit at hearing this. It felt as though she reluctantly was offering her services to him. He decided to ignore it and get to the point of the situation.

"Things in the Ducuria Kingdom have taken a bad turn. We've lost the grip we had on the capital city along with the rest of the Kingdom in extent."

She felt like letting out a mocking laugh but remained silent, waiting for him to continue.

"To be exact, we GAVE them back control of the city, for now. God of Calamity wished for me to retreat from the city after getting information that one of our higher-ranking allies lost to a certain Hero by the name of Kami. I had to fake a defeat and make my way out to give them the comfort of victory. It would seem whoever he is has attracted God of Calamity's attention somehow."

The woman was somewhat surprised at hearing this information. She was well aware that he was specifically talking about the ten Godly beings within God of Calamity's inner circle. It was surprising that a Hero had been able to take one of them out. Not so much because they were that strong, but because they were supposed to stay away from the mortal realm of Tyr which would mean one of two things. Either one of them had come to Tyr and challenged the Hero or the Hero had someone made his way to Otherworld and defeated one of them. It seemed like the first option was it since the second one would have meant God of Calamity should have this Hero in his grasp.

She remained silent waiting to hear a request coming up.

"You've had a branch of vampires operating in the Draconian Empire, how goes the converting of the Dragon-kin into your kind?" the masked man asked curiously.

"It's as expected. The vampires who must convert the Dragon-kin into vampires have to have higher quality blood than when trying to turn other races. The blood of the Dragon-kin is much more resistant to our conversion making it a longer process. We've had success with a few but a lot of them have perished from receiving too much of our blood." she replied with a gentle voice.

"So even though the blood won't turn them into vampires they still die from it. Well keep going at it we need to make sure the strength of the vampires grows. Also, there's a reason why I'm mentioning the Draconian Empire. The Hero Kami should be heading there soon considering the King has sent an envoy to challenge him to a friendly competition with a Hero of theirs. This will leave the human kingdom without its great warrior. We will be launching another attack to eliminate the humans of the capital leaving their kingdom in shambles. We simply don't want to eliminate the Hero Kami just yet."

She was confused still as to why he was telling her all this. There was particularly no reason for her to want to know all this and she certainly did not care what they did with Heroes. She was just tagging along until they kept their end of the deal.

"You, when the Hero Kami makes his way to the Draconian Empire send an attack on him. We are well aware they will more than likely perish at his hand but we must keep him distracted long enough for him to stay away from Alzel."

The woman opened her mouth and closed it for a bit. This man was going to sacrifice her kind so that they could simply distract him? She felt a boiling rage deep insider her but spoke as calmly as she could.

"That's something I can't bare to do. Please there must b-"

The masked man raised his hand as she grew quiet.

"Might I remind you that if you don't cooperate with us as we need, we will simply call the deal off. I believe you require our assistance more than we need yours. We can find others who will do what we need, you are just simply the closest option, but not the only one."

She furrowed her eyebrows but simply bowed once again.

"As you wish, I will send some of my fellow vampires to attack the city when he arrives."

"Wait until after the friendly competition. It'll give us more time."

She nodded her head and remain silent. There was a feeling of hatred and anger towards the man but mostly towards herself. The fact that she was being stringed along like this was only for the sake of her own kind but she could not help but feel like she was betraying them at the same time.

"Very well, do carry on. You fare a well job here Queen of the Vampires. Soon the land of Tyr will be reign in darkness, as promised." commented the masked man as he slowly inched his way back into the shadows and disappeared.

She stood there feeling defeated for a second before she mumbled.

"I should learn my place as well..."