Chapter 41- Kami's Revenge

Kami's instantly opened his eyes as he took in a heavy breath.

"W-what?! I'm sure I killed you just now! You lost!" said Ausra in disbelief as she stared down at him.

Something about the way she said this bothered Kami. To be truthful, he had never experienced defeat so hearing it put so bluntly in front of him really was not sitting well with him.

"Tch! Just die you freak!"

As Ausra said this an overwhelming wave of fire came crashing down on Kami setting everything a blaze burning it into ashes.

Ausra was a safe distance as she watched the result of her work destroying the landscape in front of her. She was sure that no matter what happened, there was no way Kami could be alive now. She stood there waiting for any signs of movement but all she could see was a sea of flames engulfing everything in its path.

"That was a bit odd I'll admit..." Ausra sighed and grinned at her work.

She looked around a bit longer before she decided it was time to head out. Kami was dead and there was no other reason for her to be here now that her job was complete.

"Hexalus better be ready to cooperate fully after this...stupid unnamed Hero wannabe..."

As she turned around she felt a presence emerging from a distance. It was strange. It was noticeable for a split second, like an overwhelming force that was crushing her but just as quickly it vanished. She looked back and at a distance noticed a figure standing in the middle of the fiery inferno. Her expression changed to anger when the figure became more apparent and she saw that it was Kami, completely unscathed.

Kami adjusted his shirt with his eyes closed attempting to quell his growing anger.

"You, Goddess of Flames person was it?"Kami said as he waved his hand at her.

Ausra appeared in front of Kami as she looked around in astonishment. She had been quite a distance away from him when he had spoken but as soon as he had waved his hand she had suddenly appeared just a few feet away from him.

"Tsk, a teleportation skill? What good will that do you when I can just beat you with a single punch!" she said running up to Kami.

Kami stood there, without moving as he stared at her incoming attack.

She clenched her hand into a fist as a flame engulfed it. It was dense and began to expand as it finally reached Kami. There was an enormous wave of fire that was released from the punch as she stood once again staring at her work.

Suddenly she felt her hand being grabbed with great force. She was astonished at the strength of the grip as she started struggling to break free.

"W-what?! What's going-"

Her voice had faded without any warning. She tried to talk but no matter how much she struggled she was incapable of making a single noise. Ausra looked at the man in front of her as he held her hand.

With his free hand he held his finger up to his mouth signaling her to be quiet. This had been the reason why she was suddenly unable to speak and now found herself muted. Ausra continued to struggle to break free from Kami's grip but it seemed pointless.

No matter how hard she tried to pull back her hand wouldn't budge much less the one that was holding it. She looked at Kami's eyes once more and suddenly felt a surge of fear. His eyes were void of any emotion along with his expression. She couldn't tell if this person was mad or just simply looking down on her like an insignificant creature.

God's an Adventurer: Volume IOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara