Chapter 78- Eating Break

The room was silent as everyone stared at Kami's table. They all were in awe at the being in front of them and at the same time, confused. In one hand, he had an aura of light around him that showed that he was a divine being, so he had become even more distinguishable among the normal people. On the other one, he was chugging down drinks and eating food as if he was a normal every day person which somehow made his whole, God-like appearance, falter a bit.

Kami deciding to pay little to no attention to the rest of the room and continued on eating his meal. It had been just a few minutes after they had left the Colosseum along with the Draconian Hero before a cloak of light had decided to surround him. According to Drairgun, this was a cloak of energy that was especially prevalent among divine beings. If he had any intentions left of hiding who he was, they were gone now since anyone who glanced at him would know what he was immediately.

He had asked if there was a way to turn it off but of course Drairgun had no idea himself considering he was no God.

It didn't end there. Himari who was of course receiving his strength as her own had also acquired a weaker dim version of this. She too had a small distinct glow around her that made her noticeable. She sat next to Kami, happily observing him eat as she took a small sip of her own drink.

Even more so, the large Draconian Hero sat across them in the same table as he stared in silence at Kami eating his food along with a still unconscious Doryu that sat on a chair next to him.

A Hero, a God, and two apprentices sat on a table at a bar, almost like the beginning of a bad joke. I thought eating food and drinking would give me some time to think about my next move and help things out a bit but everyone's just looking.

A waitress almost too scared to move walked up to them and bowed so far, she almost hit her head against the edge of the table.

She raised her head almost just as quickly as she nervously avoided their stares.

"I-is there a-anything else I c-can help you w-with?"

Kami who placed down a piece of half eaten bread looked up at her.

"Just few more drinks please."

His response made her jump and she took of instantly.

"I don't believe she expected a God would personally respond. She seems to expect me to be the one to answer that."

Kami glanced over at Drairgun and shrugged.

"Are you sure this is to your liking? The feast at the palace is perhaps more suitable to your tastes. We could never hope to measure up to the pallet of-"

Ah here comes the shoe licking. Can't a God just be treated normally for once.

To be fair this was still far better than he had hoped. Despite the response of the people around him and Drairgun's treatment, it was nothing compared to what others had done. In many Universes people had died in his name and others sacrificed the lives of others and their own to it. Many would do feats they would consider impossible just to gain his favor or attention. Countless prayers had been his way and to be frank, people simply treating him like royalty and staring was definitely a step-up from all that unwanted attention.

Himari had learned of Kami's true nature but instead of being shocked or surprised she had reacted with excitement. Somehow this brought him up in a new light in front of her. He thought she would feel lied to or maybe even too scared but instead it had made her more attached and happier.

Kami shrugged as he lifted his bread once more and took a bite.

As long as my companions are okay with it, I suppose I can still run this. Besides, I can't say I have not personally grown attached to some of these people. Leaving them now...well let's just get to that point later rather than sooner.