Chapter 68- Surrounded

"T-this is insane"

A young scrawny elven boy spoke as he fell down onto one of the chairs next to his observing team members. He huffed for a few before letting out a deep sigh.

"There's so many of them out there"

He spoke once more looking around the guild.

The place was in disarray as people ran back and forth with hardly a moment to rest. It had never been this chaotic in the Adventurer Guild before since he had decided to join. It was well understandable why.

Almost a day ago monsters started appearing outside the Elven Kingdom capital of Nyledell. It wasn't any kind of monsters though, they were all sorts of spirits and spectrum. It raised the cities alert to maximum and mobilized all the troops available to defend the cities walls. The Adventurer Guild in an attempt to aid had set an open quest to all adventurers who were willing to participate in helping out eliminate these creatures.

Ryul, a mere Rank 9 adventurer and his small group consisting of two others also at his own Rank, had decided this would be a perfect chance to make a name for himself and furthermore, gain levels and experience.

After accepting the quest from the guild, he and his group had headed to the outer walls and spent hours upon hours killing monsters. He thought after all his effort there should be a dent in these creature's numbers but the more, he stood there an observed the more he realized their numbers were only increasing as time continued.

Furthermore, the monsters did not seem to retaliate. In fact, they simply allowed him and the others to continuously strike them down as if completely oblivious to the fact that they were being attacked. They also seemed to have no interest in attacking the city what so ever. All they did was linger around the outside walls as if waiting for someone to come and finish them off.

Needless to say, countless adventures poured out from the city to participate in the same fight he and his friends were.

Nyledell was now in hyperactive mode at seeing to many monsters spawning despite the countless efforts of everyone in the city. This caused everyone to go in a panic and felt that it was only a matter of time before these creatures decided to attack.

"Cheer up Ryul, we killed so many of them today, we even managed to level up. This is probably the easiest I've ever had to work for a level." another elf about Ryul's height spoke in a cheerful tone.

Both elves stared at each other for a bit before letting out a small laugh.

This was entirely true to some extent. Funny enough, it seemed everyone around the kingdom who was willing to go and beat these monsters down was getting a nice boost in experience they never had in all their lives. If it wasn't for the fact that they were potentially facing an attack from an unknown enemy, all those creatures would be a welcoming sight for an adventurer.

Ryul looked down at his gear and back at his friends. He noticed how much dirtier his friends' armor was compared to his own. His was actually mostly intact while his friends looked like it needed some cleaning. He accounted that this was due to the difference in Class types.

He was a scrawny mage. He focused primarily on using skills based around illusions and mental strikes. When he got his enemies trapped right where he wanted, he would dispatch them with his offensive skills. His way of fighting was somewhat similar to that of an assassin except without the need to be in close quarters.

His friend, Zaos, was a melee fighter. He would essentially front line for his friends as he wielded a sword in one hand and a small buckle in the other. It wasn't a tank per say but it was the best they had in this little group of theirs.