Chapter 57- Grand Entrance

Kami didn't know what was happening as he found himself standing in the middle of a fight. There were some large shadow figures towering over what looked like the castle in the city of Alzel. In front of them were people he recognized the most huddling together as they stared back at him. Near the entrance there was a crowd of people who were trying to fight their way inside through these creatures.

It looked to Kami like he had missed a little bit of the context but he had an idea of what was happening.

He instantly connected the fact that these creatures were more than likely attacking them as dashed towards them.

The figures barely had any time to react as Kami pulled a sword from thin air and sliced across instantly killing them all the figures with the force of his weapon. There was a notification appearing in front of him saying [EXP+81375]

Exactly how strong were those things to give me so much EXP, I swung my sword at them and killed all five of them instantly so I expected them to be much weaker than this. Should have checked first instead of just trying to show off in front of the crowd. They are looking at me going all Hero mode on these guys, right?

He felt that familiar burst of energy letting him know he had leveled up again.

There was sudden rise of awe from the people who had seen Kami instantly strike the monsters down as they began speaking.

"I-its Kami, I mean, Hero Kami!"

"N-no way that's amazing, did you see how he just appeared from nowhere showered in that light?"

"The Hero of Tyr arrives to save the day!"

The masked man was surprised at his sudden appearance but stepped up feeling in control of the situation and clapped his hands lightly

"Hmph, the Hero of Tyr lives. Was she not able to finish you off, perhaps I shouldn't be here then-"

Kami turned his attention to the voice behind him and instantly lifted his fingers as he snapped them together.

He was about to finish this much faster than they would expect and he wasn't about to leave any openings or time for a villain narration speech.

There was a loud rumble as a stream of light from the sky made a hole through the ceiling on the castle and directly hit the masked man.

The king who had been sitting next to the masked man was blown back by the force as he collided against one of the walls and was knocked out.

He was caught by surprised as he held back the pain Kami's attack was causing. It was difficult for him to remain standing as he collapsed onto the ground on his knees and began coughing.

"W-what is this?!"

Kami's hand remained in the air lifting it towards the now groveling masked man. He spoke in a calm voice letting out a small smile.

"Ah I noticed your stats and your ability to charm people back when the King called me in here for the first time. You were perhaps the most obvious bad guy I've had to face so far. A mysterious masked man who spends his time next to the King of a country and had him wrapped around his fingers with every word he says, please."

"T-then why did-"

"Why did I just leave without doing or saying anything? My stats weren't high enough to take you on just yet of course, but now, you're a little beneath me. You know, when a boss out levels you the best option in these moments is to grind out. You basically sent me to get stronger so I could come back and beat you."