Chapter 54- Charmed City

Sayu and the rest stared at the city of Alzel as it became visible in the distance. The sun was beginning to set over the horizon as they continued down the path that would reach the city.

Most of them were excited to make their way back to their homes in the city. They were buzzing with conversation unlike Sayu and the rest of the group.

They remained silent as they thought about Kami and where he had gone.

"Tch, so who's up for some drinks and food tonight?! I don't have any money on me but I'm sure if Sayu here asks for some donations they would gladly take it as donation to the Gods" Hiromichi grinned trying to bring up the mood.

Thief's eyes sparkled as she saw Sayu in a whole new light.

"Forget the Hero of Tyr! Sayu's a walking gold mine,ku ku!" Thief said aloud as she salivated at the thought of all the money she would make.

Hiromichi smacked the back of Thief's and yelled out at her.

"Dam you're freaking annoying! You don't have to be here anymore why don't you go mix in with the rest of the crowd back there you free loader!"

"O-ow! You big meanie! I thought I was part of the gang now don't I deserve some of the goods?! Besides did you suggest she get money because YOU don't have any? Who's the freeloader now,ku ku!"

Hiromichi and Thief continued to bark at each other along the way while the rest of the group laughed at them.

It wasn't long before they reached the checkpoint to enter the city. There were guards standing blocking the path infront of them.

Sayu looked up as the guards raised their hands and spoke.

"Halt! By order of the King Mellius no one is to come through!"

"Is that so" spoke a voice from the back.

It was Prince Masfrit who made his way to the front for the first time with his soldiers by his side. He stood tall and with confidence almost looking down on the man in front of him.

"I am Prince Masfrit of the Ducuria Kingdom! Has father gone mad? Not allowing people through? Speak guard, what is the reason."

The guard looked troubled at the other guard before speaking.

"We're not sure your highness, we were just given instructions to follow."

The prince pondered for a second before shaking his hand.

"I shall speak to father personally about this, for now, allow us all to enter. We've been trapped for more than 2 weeks in that accursed Dungeon and I believe we all deserve to be home now."

The guards looked at each other once more as they stood in silence.

"Well, go on then, move or we will move you."

They lowered their heads and moved aside as the crowd slowly made their way into the city.

"That's a bit weird, why the hell would the King close off the city like that, royalties are mad I tell you." spoke Hiromichi outloud.

The prince chuckled as he heard him and spoke.

"Mad, are we? Well perhaps you're not too far off, it is strange that father has closed off the city. I was told that the city had been attacked by a dragon and a certain Hero by the name of Kami had been the one to save it, am I correct?"

They looked at each other as they nodded their heads in agreement.

"Ah, so this very man is being claimed to be the Hero of Tyr and you the Goddess which brings him his blessing."