Chapter 23- Himari's New Skills

It had been a few hours since Kami and the rest of the group had decided to shop. They had split up thinking it would be faster to specialize their shopping lists on what they were specifically looking for.

Kami had gone crazy on Himari and had decided to buy her only the best gear that was available. Now, she wore a silk white dress that reached up to her knees that was made of the finest materials he could buy. On top of that, her usual worn-out plate armor that was strapped around her chest was gone and instead a silver-plated chest plate was in its stead that was well polished, looking unbreakable and like something only some high-class noble would buy. Her usual small boots that showed signs of age were now instead long boots that had been specifically made for her. They were jet black and had a mesmerizing feel to them. Her usual shield and sword were nowhere in sight now as she held a staff that glimmered. It was white and gold and at the top had the shape of a dragon. It gave an aura of strength and royalty. On her head now, she had a wizarding hat that matched with the colors of her dress. It gave her an appearance of looking taller than she actually was.

Kami was surprised to learned that gear in this Universe had no direct effect on stats, per say. The better the gear the better it could take hits and it would definitely affect how much damage you do or take but it was not a direct stat that was shown in someone's list when he used [Data] on them. There was some gear that would affect stats directly but as far as he knew most of it would just enhance one's damage and resistances in some hidden calculation he didn't really know how to check.

Enchanting gear however he felt was something similar to what he knew. If you cast the right spell or use the right materials gear would gain certain properties to it. This is one-way stats could be directly affected by gear. For example, if someone managed to use materials on a piece of cloth that would raise their Mana by 100 points, it would show in their stats that they have 100 more points when they are using that cloth. However, the cloth itself would not raise someone's Endurance but it would reduce the damage they take.

It was a bit strange but he decided not to think too much on it right now.

He took a good look at Himari as she stopped to look at him with an alarming face.

"W-what is it Mister Kami?" she asked

"You look great I'm really happy I got you all this gear you look like some sort of prodigal adventurer or something it's amazing."

She blushed at the compliments she was receiving and looked at the ground. Himari seemed to be twirling the staff around making a dent on the dirt.

"Alright well we got the gear and also we got some starter scrolls and a few better ones here for you. We're going to practice a bit of fighting when you learn these. I will be your opponent so you don't need to hold back." Kami commented.

They had come outside the walls of the city to practice in an open area. It was nothing but green pasture as far as Kami could see except the direction in which the city walls were. He felt they were at a good enough distance to not cause any commotion.

He took a look at a few of them as he passes them on to Himari.

There were the basic elemental skills [Fire], [Water], [Earth], [Lightning], [Wind], [Ice]. Then some different types of spells that were a bit more advanced here like [Fly], or [Teleport]. One though he had bought at a big price of 1000 Gold Pieces which had made the shop owner almost faint. It was quite a rarity and from what the owner had told him, unique. It was a summoning spell by the name of [Witch Doll]. He didn't know what it was or what it did but he did not mind giving it to Himari since he could just learn the spells by thinking of them. His 5000G were down to around 3500G's now.