Chapter 95- Anticipated Return

"What's that Hero, you've seemed to grow awfully quiet." mocked Y.

In truth there was one last thing Alruin could do to finish this off. It was his last option but considering the situation he was in, there was very little room for anything else. The only trouble is he was being held tight, immobilized by Y's skill meaning he couldn't do anything. If he kept this up there was nothing, he would be able to do.

"Good boy, now stay while my little pets finish their assault. Once we kill the King and destroy this city, you can be on your merry way."

"What will you gain from such a thing? This nation will still have its prince to follow even if you were to kill the king and destroy the city."

"Oh, we know, it's not so much to bring the nation down but to keep Iatra from getting her, divine paws all over it. The King and her have a pact of sorts keeping this land somewhat safe for you mortals. We had initially hoped to use this pact, and buy some time while we cultivated her energy, however our time is running short now that Hero Kami had to step in. Sadly, the King must die then so she doesn't get this land back. We have almost everything we needed from this nation anyway, it's no longer too much concern if it prospers or not."

"You really monologue too much you know? Big mouth on you." replied Alruin as he frantically tried to break free.

"It gets awfully boring not talking to anyone but my pets. I'm always going around doing missions for our leader, keeping all my secrets grows tiresome." he said while he walked around Alruin.

The masked man casually strolled over to a boulder left over from the debris and sat down. He stared at Alruin silently for what felt like an eternity. There didn't seem much else he wanted to say and Alruin just wanted to free himself.

He had no intention of letting Y get away with it but breaking free was proving to be difficult. His only plan at this point was to wait for his Overcharge cooldown to come back up so he could summon forth more strength that his body could handle at this point to break free. It wasn't helping that he had zero to no idea of this man's strength. He could obviously tell Y was stronger, but how much stronger was still to be seen. If his measurement of strength was correct, Y was only a few steps above him, which meant that if he could push himself to the limit, he might be able to turn the tables around. Then again this was based on the small spar they just had. It was entirely possible he was still hiding his true strength.

"Still thinking of a way to break free? Why are Heroes so adamant in trying to do what's right. With all that power you could be doing what's best for you. How much have you sacrificed in the name of others since you've been this Hero?"

In truth, he had yet to sacrifice anything. This was precisely why he was trying so hard. Since his arrival in Tyr, all he had done is travel and try to find answers for himself. He called himself the Hero of Tyr without having done anything selfless yet. A Hero who has only been a Hero by title but not in action. The first thing he did when he arrived at Itsu Village was to try and find out who he was precisely before coming to this land. The mission took a backseat to his personal goals. For this reason, he wanted to change that and put the needs of the people of this city first when he arrived. Nevertheless, the first instance he had to be a Hero he allowed Sayu to die, and now Y was trying to convince him to drop his sword and let it be. Alruin would not allow this any further.

"You wouldn't understand, everything you do is for your selfish cause. I cannot allow us to be of the same cloth."

"Oh my, stron-"

Y felt his face being smacked by a strong force. It was a fist, a delicate yet powerful fist. He couldn't make the figure that had managed to catch him off guard before being thrown against the ground.