Chapter 74- Apprentice vs Apprentice II

"Ah, would you take a look at this familiar sight."

Kami stared at the darkened sky with close attention. He knew what this was and it would cause a significant impact.

He simply smiled and jumped further back into the sides of the colosseum as Drairgun,the Hero of the Draconian Empire looked at him.

It was evident by Kami's reaction that whatever was about to follow was going to cause a huge blast radius to him as he finally jumped back himself once again shoulder length to Kami.

They remained silent once more staring at Himari in the air raising her staff as the sky continued to grow darker.

Kami realized that it must be a lot more difficult for Himari to use that skill considering how long it was taking for her to release it. The amount of Mana consumption to her own ratio should be incredibly large. She was clearly going for an all-in finisher. Regardless though, Kami was aware that although the skill was a powerful one; if her opponent had the stats to mitigate that damage, it wouldn't be as effective.

Finally, no longer being able to wait any further, Himari yelled out.

"Smite!"

A stream of light appeared from the sky as it instantly hit the ground in which Doryu stood.

Any noise or visibility of him disappeared inside the stream of light that was now descending down.

As if that wasn't enough the Witch Doll followed short after that also raising its small staff.

The stream of light intensified now with the aid of the Witch Doll becoming larger and even louder ithan it was before.

Kami stared impressed at the fact that Himari was able to use such a move. He wasn't sure when it was that she had learned it. He came to the conclusion that it was more than likely an effect of the Stat Companion that allowed that skill to be used by her but he didn't know much about the details. He would have to learn a bit more exactly about how a Stat Companion works.

Drairgun on the other hand stood perfectly still as he looked on at the spectacle in front of him. It was hard to make out what he thought about what was transpiring considering his helmet blocked his reaction but Kami thought he sense his aura intensify.

Could it be he's actually infuriated? Is he mad that Himari went for such a strong skill so early into the fight or is it something else?

Kami stared back at the fight and took a few notes from what was happening. First of all, the Smite version Himari was using was significantly smaller than his own even with the second done by the Witch Doll helping her own out. This was probably due to the power difference or the fact that his own Skill version of Smite was Max Level. Second was that it appeared to have a cast time when Himari used it. He wasn't sure if this was truly because it was a stronger or harder skill to use or simply because her version of it had one to begin with. It could also be that due to it probably being Smite with a Level 1 usage, it had the downside of a cast time.

He shrugged as he placed the thoughts in the back of his head. It would seem even similar Skills had a slight difference. Kami had taken note of this earlier on in some fights.

If she killed him, am I going to have to Resurrect? Ah, I can't say I'm ok with this but I would really prefer if she won. Either case too late to stop it now.

The stream of light finally died of leaving in its aftermath a half-destroyed arena. In the center of it all was Doryu, on both his knees breathing heavily.

He seemed badly injured to the point where he could potentially collapse. Doryu stared down at the ground before speaking with the small amount of strength that he had.