Chapter 83- To the Arena

"Now step to the plate, Drairgun, Hero of the Draconian Empire!"

The crowd roared as Drairgun walked out from one of the gates of the Colosseum.

It was an exciting day for many who had decided to head on over for a fun day of watching the competitions. Albeit, many were surprised at the sudden entrance of the Hero without any prior announcement, but still welcomed to see one such as him coming in as a competitor.

As he made his way to the center the people on the side lines continued to cheer frantically. Drairgun was a well-known Hero among the people. He had slayed many monsters, many which attacked the cities and villages of the Draconian Empire, during his overall lifetime. His service, which spanned nearly to a century, was one which the King most valued. Very few people out there could stagger to the magnitude of such a presence.

Although many were happy to see him, they began wondering what competitor would even be able to stand a chance to such a powerful man before them.

The King sat higher on the stand in a special location build for someone of his status. He overlooked the arena with his own personal guards standing by in case of any incoming attackers. To his sides, Himari and Doryu sat observing alongside him.

Doryu who was less than thrilled to be here at this point only sighed as he looked over at Himari.

"Never said you were the Apprentice of a God."

She looked surprisingly at Doryu and shrugged her shoulders while giving him a light smile.

"Are you mad about yesterday? If anything, I should be the one who is unhappy with everything you were saying."

"I was just riling you up. Much that did anyway towards the end. No amount of hard work can match to that level of strength."

Doryu said as he slouched and turned his attention back towards the arena.

Himari imagined that Doryu was feeling bummed out about how things ended up. She on the other hand was more than happy with the current situation. Her strength, although borrowed, was reaching the point where she could take on people such at him incredibly easy. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Having this level of strength was a bit intoxicating. Stuff like strength only had meaning to her as long as she could use it to protect others and in proxy, be helpful to Kami. By being his apprentice, she was essentially a mortal with a God's Blessing, meaning she was at a point which she had only dreamed of.

The King Horas sat by idly hearing the small discussion between the two but drifted into his own thought immediately after.

"This is bad, that God is being presented as the Hero of the Ducuria Kingdom, meaning when he DOES defeat Drairgun people will know there is a literal God walking among the Human's backing them up."

Prince Mesfrit who had also just been sitting there quietly, smiled at the turn of events.

Although it was a shock that Kami had turned out to be a God and not a Hero, this was probably much more convenient. A God who was not aligned with Celestia or the Abyss but instead worked to protect the Humans of his Kingdom would only make the other nations much more fearful of instigating an attack.

"I sure do hope it stays that way, any day now, the Elven Kingdom will declare an all-out war, with this news reaching their ears I hope they will think twice of it. Still, can Kami even compare to their Grand Hero..."

His thoughts drifted as the announcer spoke once more, his voice echoing across the arena as everyone fell silent.

"As for the competitor, he hails from the land of the Humans, representing them as the Hero of the Ducuria Kingdom, please, welcome Hero Kami!"