Chapter 90- Path to the Castle

Sayu raised her hand towards the gathering of shadow creatures that surrounded them.

"Existence which serves darkness only cowers in the presence of his holiest presence, Searing Geyser!"

A blaze of fire erupted from the ground as the monsters vanished in the midst of the attack. Their agony was heard only for a second before completely growing silent behind the scorching sound of the flames they were engulfed in.

Alruin and Hiromichi stared at the beautiful yet dangerous display around them before the flames stopped devouring the ground and anything standing on it.

Hiromichi gently tapped Alruin's armor snapping him out of his trance like state.

"See that shit, that's wild right?" he whispered.

He wasn't sure how to respond. The moves and the style in which she fought was almost Godlike. Her presence perspired greatness and authority as though she was more than just human. In truth, everything about her was bewitching to him since he first laid eyes on her. Even though her demeanor had been less that admirable when he saw her, he still found every detail of hers delightful. Her strength now that she demonstrated was almost like a show in which he indulged in.

"Hey you alright there Hero, snap out of it, shesh."

Hiromichi's words brought him back once more from his trance. So easy it was too fall into it, how was Hiromichi resisting the urge to awe and marble this whole time.

Alruin cleared his throat before turning his attention away from Sayu. He couldn't afford to fixate himself right now there was a more urgent matter in their hands.

"It sure made it easier, although a skill of that level should have cost you some resources, are you sure it's fine using it so freely?"

Sayu looked back with a straight face and simply sighed.

"Such a small display wows the little creations. Don't worry, I can do a lot more than that. Besides it's much easier to clear as fast as possible."

"Tch, egotistical little- come on don't let her get you down let's go!"

Alruin nodded his head as he contemplated her words. This was perhaps a simple act for her. Had he needlessly underestimated her by saying this was more than she was capable of handling? If so, he has started off in the wrong foot. A knot tied in his throat as he pondered how to set things right.

The area around them had scorch marks but no enemies in sight. They had been surrounded by at least a hundred of those shadow creatures as they approached the castle, some even the same ones that had managed to down Thief and Sebastien earlier. Despite that, before they even begun the fight Sayu took the lead and instantly wiped any opposition with one simple move.

"Who exactly did you say she was again?" asked Alruin curiously but calmly.

He didn't want to seem to forward with his question. Perhaps getting to know of the people who surrounded her first would be a way to alleviate his current troubles. He frowned inside his helmet almost as soon as his mind wandered into this idea. Their focus should be stopping the Shadow Manipulator, not trying to make friendly ties with Sayu and her comrades.

Hiromichi seemingly oblivious to anything going on in the Heroes mind answered in a low tone so Sayu would be incapable of listening in.

"To be honest with you, I know just as much about her background as I do Kami's. She's more of an acquaintance of his and I just stick with her cause... well Kami's kinda...y-you know what that's not important! Anyway, if you're looking for anything specific, I would ask her directly or Kami if you get to meet him. They don't seem to talk about themselves enough and that's kinda cool on my book."