Chapter 16- Draw of the Luck

"Ugh, that was some night at the bar" spoke a feminine voice.

The city of Alzel was buzzing with people. Merchants had set up their shop and many customers walked through the streets looking for goods to buy or trade. One in particular found herself walking through the streets with a major hangover.

She was lean and tall. She had short spiked down hair that was dirty blonde and wore a cap that gave her cat looking ears. Her eyes were dark amber and were slanted like a cat. She had a small tunic that only covered past her chest and kept her stomach revealed. On top of that she had a leather strap around her shoulder and down her waist. She wore tight leather greaves on top of lose leather pants and on her waist, had a belt that contained multiple pockets with items she would use while adventuring. She also wore gloves that had a refined look to them as though they were of higher quality than the rest of her gear.

She yawned as she bumped into a couple of people without minding them much. Her head was pulsating from all the alcohol. It didn't help that she had woken up early in the morning after spending all night drinking her sorrows away. The bartender had told her to go home finally after he found her in the back room of the bar with drinks all over her.

"Guess I should report to the Adventurer's Guild and let them know my party is dead." she sighed heavily.

She wasn't feeling sad for the loss of her team members exactly. They were a random bunch of starter adventurers who had taken a quest. She simply chose to join them since they were going to investigate a dungeon near the area. Dungeons usually contained loot and when it came to loot she was all ears and game. They had managed to get themselves killed by some of the monsters and she luckily had escaped.

A small "ku" sound came from her voice as she thought of "luck". No one else around these parts probably had as much luck as she did. Although yesterday didn't end like she wanted it to it was definitely luckier than dying like them.

"Ms. Thief! Ms. Thief!" yelled a voice behind her.

She turned her head around in an annoyed motion as the man behind her froze when he saw her face. It was just an average looking guy with adventurer gear so she assumed he came from the Adventure's Guild.

"I was heading to the Guild no need to hunt me down" Thief said breaking the man's stare.

"I-I'm sorry Ms. Thief but the authorities wish to ask about the dead adventure's found last night outside the dungeon." the man said as his voice broke.

'So, they already know about my party being dead? Ku!'

"What's to know? They died to some Giant Spiders and I managed to escape and get myself to a bar to drink my sorrow away, kuku, tragic." she said in fake upsetting voice.

"Either way you have to fill a report. We need to know exactly where in the dungeon it happened so we can warn others about it and keep-w-wait Ms. Thief!" he yelled out in a panic.

Thief had instantly disappeared with her skill [Stealth] and jumped onto the nearest roof she could.

She didn't have the time or patience to deal with them and now she felt less like showing up at the Guild. They would probably just tell her to head on over to the authorities as well or sit her down and question her for information.

Thief sighed as she walked along the roof of the buildings. All she wanted was to make it big in this city. If that could happen there would be no need for her to ever deal with the Adventurers Guild. Maybe she could finally settle down afterwards buy a big house meet a rich noble, take all his money. Rinse and repeat.