Chapter 50-Sayu vs The Centaur

Time was short as she ran up to the Centaur. Only a small window presented itself and she would have to make the best of it.

The Centaur braced itself for the incoming attack as it spoke loudly.

"Hit me with everything you have!"

Sayu lifted sword swinging it down at the Centaur in one swift strike.

However, the Centaur reaction was quick as well as he managed to block her sword strike with the hilt of his giant axe.

"Axe Counter."

There was a force that came out from the axe that struck Sayu as she was pushed back. She wasn't sure what had just happened but she couldn't afford to stand around and figure it out.

Sayu raised her sword at the ceiling as a light appeared above the Centaur.

"Holy Strike!"

A light fell down upon the Centaur covering him in a burning bright wave of energy.

The Centaur seemed only slightly affected as he raised his axe holding with both his hands and spoke out.

"Riled Blitz"

There was an enormous amount of energy that exploded from within the Centaur as it began covering his entire body. It wildly circled around him as the Centaur lowered his body. Sayu immediately realized what was happening when she saw the angle in which he was moving.

She was aware of what he was planning to do as she looked back at the rest of the people behind her. Dodging his attack would be easy enough but if she did everyone behind her would suffer and more than likely be killed.

Sayu frowned at the thought of this as she lifted her weapon in a defensive motion. As foolish as she thought many of Kami's creations were, she hated seeing them be killed aimlessly. She wished she had her full power this moment to stop the Centaur in its tracks but for now this will be the best she can do.

The Centaur began charging forward as the ground around it began splitting. The energy circulated violently around him as he headed towards Sayu.

"N-no way she's going to stop that, she's going to die!"

"We're all going to die! The Centaur is going to trample over her and keep heading towards us!"

The group behind them began to panic as they tried there hardest to escape but it was no good, the barrier held them in place no matter how much they struggled.

Sayu's sword began to glow as her wings expanded creating a disarray of gleaming light.

"Luminant Barricade"

A large screen condensed of the same energy her wings were made from sprung forth creating a form of wall between the charging Centaur and them. It seemed thin and fragile but it gave an awe inspiring glow.

The Centaur made no hesitation to stop as it slammed with full force against the barrier. It released all the energy it had as it collapsed with the wall Sayu had created.

It was an amazing spectacle as the two forms of energy collided. The Centaur pushed with all its might as the barrier showed no signs of breaking.

Sayu gave a sigh of relief as she began working on what to do next.

Sayu raised the sword above her head as she swung it down at the ground. There was a large tremor almost like an earthquake that shook the floor underneath them all as it began cracking.

The Centaur took notice of what she was doing but continued pushing himself and all the energy he had stored against the barrier. It slowly started showing signs of giving in as it began cracking down under the pressure of the Centaur.