Chapter 35- Stuck Together

Kami and Thief

"So, seriously what's up with your Luck stat?"

"Eh? Are we on this again Hero-guy?"

Thief and Kami walked idly through the cave as they made short conversation. They had been teleported here with no signs of any other life. Not any adventurer's or monsters anywhere in sight what so ever so they found themselves talking to each other this whole time.

"I'm just curious, is it something you can get through a Class change or is it some random quest reward..." asked Kami as he stared at Thief intently.

"Ku ku ku, it's not that simple! I was born with this, getting a Luck stat is only something you can achieve at birth!" Thief boasted as she closed her eyes and held her head high.

"That's inconvenient..." Kami sighed deeply.

He had wanted to get a Luck stat ever since he saw this girl with one and was now upset at the fact that it probably wasn't going to be something he could achieve through grinding some event or changing his Class.

"Ku! Cheer up Hero-guy! Aren't you like, blessed with some God's blessing or something? I'm sure that's worth something." Thief said as she grinned at him in a mocking tone.

"Ah, well I suppose. You can call me Kami by the way, what's with this 'Hero-guy' business? Don't you have an actual name by the way, besides Thief?"

She looked at him with a disgusted face before answering with an annoyed voice.

"I don't have to tell you my name! It's Thief for you and everyone else so don't look too much into it."

"Oh? Did I strike a nerve? Well it's whatever to me anyway. Could you not have picked an actual name though? People could easily tell Thief is more than likely an alias than a real name." replied Kami smiling at her.

"Ku, says the guy with the name 'Kami' what's that about? No last name and that just sounds stupid. Clearly, you're lying and hiding it with the same skill I use so don't judge what I pick to use as mine, ku."

"But mine's isn't an alias it's actually my name..."

Thief sneered before letting out a loud laugh.

Kami stared at her in confusion before she settled down and started eyeing the ground in front of her.

"A-anyway I've been meaning to ask about what you used to heal me. That's a little handy skill you got there any chance that's something you would care to try and teach, ku ku!"

"What do you me-oh. You're talking about when I healed you back then. I just healed you it wasn't a big deal." Kami shrugged once more as if to indicate that there was nothing special about what he had done.

"Ku, fine don't tell me jerk. It'll be handy having you around anyway since that means I can freely use my Arms now." Thief grinned at the thought of this.

"Having me around? You were planning to stick around?"

Thief looked at Kami with dubious eyes as she continued to grinned.

"That's right! Don't you think about trying to get rid of me either I can follow you around without you noticing, ku ku! Don't worry about that, think of all the gold we can make together I'll split it with you and your followers, 60 percent me and 40 percent you, no! 70 percent me 30 percent you, nyah!!!"

Kami sighed once again as he ignored Thief who was having her own form of celebration on the sides. He looked around wondering where they were headed. When he had made his way inside he had been teleported and soon after that Thief had appeared next to him as well.