Chapter 67- Departure

"Didn't really ask, how's the king doing?"

Kami and Prince Masfrit  walked through the hallways of the castle while surrounded by knights.  They were making their way towards the throne room expecting the people  from the Draconian Empire to be there at this point.

"He's fine. A bit banged up from being blown back by your skill though." he said giving Kami a dubious look.

Kami simply stared straight forward and smiled.

"Ah, yes well, it was unavoidable."

Kami coughed trying to hold back a small laugh.

It was of course untrue. There were many other ways he could have handled that situation where the King  would have come out unharmed. However, he did it for the flashy effect  and in truth, a bit of payback for how he was being treated. He was well aware it wasn't the King's fault to begin with but either case, a  little harm wouldn't cause a huge problem.

Prince Masfrit shook his head.

"Onto other matters, I've had some of the guards try to track your friends  down. I assume you will want your comrades joining you in this journey?"

Kami furrowed his eyebrows.

In  truth, he had slightly forgotten about them with all this developing  news. He would have easily gone to the Draconian Empire without a second  thought. Regardless, his companions would probably go with him, now that he remembered he had people following him around.

He  wondered if perhaps a solo adventurer was more his style and decided if  the time ever came, he would end up doing this again in another  universe by himself.

"They should be in the throne room along with our guests. I'm sure we can fill them in on the matter at hand once we get there."

I wonder if they'll want to come to begin with. I mean we're talking about going to an entirely different nation here not sure how willing they are to go that far. On the other hand, they are adventurers so this kind of travel should be something they should be prepared for.

"I have another inquiry if you don't mind."

Kami looked at the prince and nodded his head signaling him to continue.

"This girl, Sayu,  many say she is a Goddess. I find it a bit hard to believe, I'm more  inclined to believe myself that she is a Hero such as yourself but a  Goddess walking among us mortals is a bit surreal, I have to say. I suppose my question is, is there some truth to this?"

Kami held back another laugh.

In  reality, this was not the first time a human had ever confused one of  his angels for a higher being. He had sent angels and even archangels  before to show themselves before humans and their reaction was generally  the same to some degree. They would  always see the glimmer of Divinity he bestowed upon the angels and  claim that they were Gods. In truth, it was Kami's power they were awing at, so it wasn't far from the truth. The angel's  reaction was the funnier part to him though. Some grew furious with the  humans and would try to set them straight. Others were more understanding and would explain who they were and, his favorite, the ones that would blank out and panic thinking that he would somehow strike them down for their blasphemy. 

"She's not. Her abilities that make her appear Godly are simply because of a  God's blessing. I'll let you in on a little secret. There's no other God  like the one that blessed her."

Kami boasted feeling a bit proud of himself. 

"If it's not Goddess Iatra  I very much doubt this God's blessing is anything comparable. All other  Gods serve under her, well, I suppose except for the ones under the God  of Calamity."