Doesn't mean you can call me kid

I laid on my bed in my hotel room, aimlessly scrolling through social media and interacting with some fans.

I had spent the whole morning thinking about yesterday's events. My fight with Tom had left me pretty sour for the evening, so when I got to my meeting with Kevin, I wasn't in the best of moods.

The meeting was to discuss the possibility of me reprising my role in the next three marvel movies - including my own feature film. When I left that room, I had completely forgotten about Tom.

"Carter Evans! Open the door!" I groaned and rolled over on the bed, burying my face into the pillows and hoping she would leave if I didn't respond.

"I'm not leaving, I know you're in there." Lizzie stood outside my hotel room, continuously knocking on the door. I knew she wouldn't leave so I caved and got out of bed and walked over to the door.

"You're late for our training session." She said as I pulled the door open to reveal my friend in her gym wear.

"Wait, that's today?" I asked, only to be met with a curt nod. "Crap!" I ran from the door and scrambled to find my clothes. I quickly pulled them on and made my way to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

"We have so much blocking to do today, kid." She laughed as she walked into the room and shut the door.

I spat the toothpaste into the sink and stood up straight. "For the record, just because Chris calls me kid and you're his girlfriend - doesn't mean you can call me kid". I quickly cleaned up my face and left the bathroom, making sure to grab my phone and water bottle from the nightstand.

"We don't have time for this, come on." She shook her head at me as we left my room and shut the door and headed towards the elevator.

Just as the door was closing we heard a voice call "hold the door!"

Lizzie quickly put her hand out to open the doors again to see Harrison making his way to us. He smiled at us just as Tom appeared behind him and they both clambered into the already tight elevator.

We locked eyes for just a moment, but it was long enough for my heart to start aching. He looked at me with such sadness in his eyes and they were framed with intense dark circles - an obvious sign that he wasn't sleeping all that well.

I cleared my throat awkwardly and looked away from him, not that there were many other places to look. The next two minutes felt like an eternity, so by the time we actually made it out of the elevator I wasn't sure I could remember a time when there wasn't an overwhelming feeling of awkwardness around me.

When we all made our way out the elevator, all I wanted to do was pull Tom close to me and never let him go because despite everything, he's all I want.

          We were lucky enough that Marvel had put us up in a hotel with a gym and training area available to use. I know I was especially thankful for this as it meant I didn't have to venture out and see people when I look as messy as I do right now.

"Right, for this scene, your characters are meeting for the first time." Charlie, the stunt coordinator said.

"But we don't actually meet until the next movie, why are we rehearsing it now?" Lizzie questioned.

"The Russo brothers want to have this filmed early to limit the amount of people who know about the scene. They're really cracking down on spoilers ever since Mark Ruffalo and Tom Holland got so bad with them." Charlie chuckled.  It was as if he suddenly realised I was there and quickly apologised.

"It's fine. You can say his name. At the end of the day, he's still a colleague and I refuse to be that person that can't be in the same place as them or even hear his name." I shrugged my shoulders before changing the subject. "Now, how do you want this scene?"

"There's going to be a lot of combat as well as your powers so I want you guys to start practicing basic boxing combinations." Charlie handed us some boxing gloves and pads that we could use for practice. "Carter you're up first, I'm going to call out some moves and just go for it."

I nodded my head and slid the gloves on my hands before securing them tight enough to ensure they wouldn't slip off.  Lizzie stood off the side with the punching bag, throwing light jabs while I stood in front of Charlie waiting for him to call out the combos.

"Left Jab." "Right Hook." "Upper left." "Right Hook."

Charlie continued to call them out and I threw the matching punches. I quickly found a rhythm and kept a steady pace. My hair was coated with sweat as it clung to the nape of my neck.

Charlie started slowing the pace down, indicating that it was time to switch with Lizzie.

"Great job. Keep practicing those on the punching bag." I nodded and grabbed my water bottle to take a quick break.

I tried to control my breathing as I rested, knowing it would help me more if I could get a steady flow of air before starting again with the punching bag.

As I was drinking my water, Sebastian walked into the gym with his headphones over his ears. I smiled at him and he jogged over to me, offering his hand to pull me up.

"Hey little Evans. How's it going?" He took his headphones off his ears and paused the music on his phone.

"It's good. Just working out a scene" I pointed over at Lizzie who was recreating the combos I just worked out with Charlie. "I was about to start working on the punching bag, want to work with me instead?" I asked him.

"Sure, why not." He out down his bottle with a smile before grabbing another set of pads.

"I'm just gonna throw some moves, alright? Think you can handle it?" I grinned.

He simply nodded with a laugh, waiting for me to throw the first punch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading! I'm trying to explore Carter's character outside of her relationship with Tom, so I hope you did get a feel for her character!

Lots of love x