Yeah, well, I'm freaking out

Becca led the way to the cafeteria with Alice in tow, a frown prominent on her face as she begrudgingly accepted the help from this peppy girl.

"I don't know how many times you've seen mean girls - but our cafeteria is exactly like that. Jocks, nerds, goths, loners, drama students. You name it, there's a click." She rambled, waving at various people as she passed them.

"You seem to be part of every click." Alice mumbled, observing how someone from almost every friend group had greeted this girl who'd decided to take Alice under her wing.

"I just really enjoy making friends, you know." She shrugged her shoulders simply with a smile as she reached a table. "Guys this is Alice and she's now part of our group. Alice this is Toby, Maya, Georgie, Ben and Karly." She reeled off as she pointed to each person individually. "We don't expect you to remember them all quickly, so don't stress."

"Ben, Georgie, Karly, Toby and Maya. I got it." Alice spoke blankly as she sat in an empty chair next to the girl named Karly, nodding her head as a small greeting.

"So, what's your deal?"

"Ben! Shut up." Becca rushed, apologising for her friends rudeness.

"My deal is that I'm a sokovian super solider on the run, posing as a high school student." She shrugged her shoulders, taking a sip of the water she'd swiped from the fridge when nobody was looking .

The group was silent for a minute, but quickly broke into loud fits of laughter. Some slapping the table and others nudged each other with wide grins on their faces.

"Becca, you didn't say how funny this girl was!"

The director called cut and everyone started talking, praising each other on their work during the scene. This was the first time most of us had worked together.

"Hi, your name is Anna, right?" I asked the girl playing Maya. The other actress had dropped out last minute so we'd had to find a whole new girl to play the part. "Great job. Honestly, coming into a set full of new people is really intimidating but you did so well!" I pulled the young girl into a hug with a smile.

"Thanks! That's so nice of you!" Anna smiled as she pulled away.

"Sorry, Carter, your phones ringing." Lucy said as she approached us and handed me the phone.

"Il catch up with you later." I waved to Anna quickly and answered the call.

"Hey Chris. What's up?" I stepped away from the group and found a isolated corner.

"Have you seen that new article on Young Hollywood?" He rushed.

"No, I've been filming all day. Why, what'd they say?" I questioned as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Okay, don't freak out -"

"You realise any time you start a sentence with don't freak out, it's very likely I will freak out." I laughed lightly.

"Just promise me you won't freak out."

"Fine, I promise. What's going on?"

"Young Hollywood have added you to their Baby Bump Watch List." He rushed. I could picture his face with his eyes screwed shut and nose scrunched up.

"What the fuck!" I yelled, attracting the attention of crew members around me. "You can't be serious! I mean, I know I didn't work out for four months but I had a freaking broken nose!"

"You said you wouldn't freak out!"

"Yeah, well I'm freaking out!"

"Part of the story said that a source close to you had revealed you both had quote-on-quote baby fever and wanting to start trying."

"You've got to be kidding me." I groaned. I raised my hand to run it through my hair but only became further frustrated when I remembered that it was a wig and I couldn't actually do that.

"Tom's kinda freaking out. He called me in complete panic."

"I've got shooting until literally one in the morning can you just assure I'm that I'm 100% not pregnant. Like at all." I sighed, resting my free hand on my hip.

"Will do, kid. I'll keep you updated." Chris hung up then phone and I instantly banged my head on the wall in front of me. I rested my forehead there for a minute and tried to control my breathing since it'd increased during my phone call.

"Lucy!" I yelled, hoping she would hear me from wherever she was on the stage. "Lucy! Where the hell are you!" I screamed when she didn't appear.

"What's wrong, Carter." She rushed as she rounded a corner and stood in front of me.

"You're the only one who knew about my conversation with Tom." I growled lowly, looking at her with so much anger. "You're fired." I took the clipboard from her hand and threw it on the floor.

"I don't understand-"

"Don't bullshit me, Lucy. You're fired!" I yelled, not caring that almost everyone on set was watching. "Pack your shit and get off of my set." I span on my heels quickly and my blue hair fanned out around my shoulders.

I walked away from her, absolutely filled with anger.

"By the way, Carter!" Lucy yelled, catching my attention. I stopped in my place but didn't turn around. "I'm the one that slept with Tom, and it was great!"

My breath hitched in my throat and tears built in my eyes. Without a second thought, I ran from the set with tears streaming as various people called my name.

I felt so stupid - crying over something that I'd already moved past. But as she screamed the secret she'd kept so long - in front of the entire cast and crew - I couldn't ignore the rush of past feelings that surfaced.

I leant my back against an isolated wall, sinking to the floor and hiding my face in my hands, doing my best to control my emotions. I knew I couldn't mess up my makeup too badly, we were already four months behind schedule because of me and I couldn't waste any more time in hair and makeup than necessary.

I felt a presence beside me as they found my hiding spot. That sat down beside me and placed their hand on my knee that I'd pulled to my chest.

"Security escorted her out. She was refusing at first, but she's gone now." Hayden mumbled as he squeezed my knee softly.

"God, I'm such an idiot." I groaned, looking up to meet his warm eyes. "This could've ruined my career. Not many directors are willing to work with the actress who's on every tabloid out there." I leant my head onto his shoulder as my eyes closed once again.

"There was no way for you to know." He told me as he lightly stroked the blue wig on my head.

I pulled my phone out to send a text to Tom. I didn't feel like talking to him after today.

I need some space. I'll text you.

As expected, he started spamming me with texts and calls but I ignored them all as Hayden offered me his hand and lead us back to set.

"Think on the bright side, Max gets to hit on you in the next scene."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

I couldn't think of a picture to attach to this chapter so have an adorable picture of Tom playing with puppies, because we could all do with a little more love

Lots of love xx