I was talking to the dogs, but hey Tom

Marvel studios head office is a huge building. 20 floors high, at least 50 sub-departments and two brothers who sat in front of me that are determining my career.

"So, what did you think of the script?" Joe asked as he leant forward in his chair.

"It was amazing, I loved it!" I squealed, looking at them. "I knew about her background, but the way you all told the story was incredible." I gave a huge smile to all the people who sat in this production meeting.

"We're glad you liked it, Carter. And since the premiere for Infinity War is tomorrow, we want to start shooting as soon as possible. So, we've booked the studio in Atlanta for five weeks time."

"Are you serious, Anthony?! I'm so ready to start this!" I yelled with huge smile that practically ran ear to ear.

"We need you to start stunt training as soon as possible. We know how much you love a drink but we do need to ask that you try to limit how much you do drink at the after party because the day after we are bringing in actors to audition. We've narrowed them down so it's just screen tests left to do." Joe spoke as he read from his notebook. "We have five people for each role. Here are the sides you'll be reading from." He passed them to me in a blue folder across the table and gave me a smile. I couldn't help but grin at the irony of the colour.

"Thank you so much! I'll see you guys tomorrow at the premiere." I shook everyone's hand before walking out of the room with the folder held close to my chest and a smile on my face.

I headed out of the building and pulled my phone out, reading the sappy texts that Tom had left me. A grin made its way onto my face as I headed down the streets of LA.

My familiar ring tone sounded and I quickly answered it and pulled it to my ear.

"Hey Chris, what's up?" I asked him as I crossed the street, still clutching tightly onto the folder in my hand that now sat tucked under my arm.

"Well, kid, I knew that your meeting with Marvel was today and I wanted to find out how it went." He asked, I could hear the smile in his voice. "You're on speaker by the way, Lizzie is here."

"Hey Carter!"

"Hi Lizzie. It went really great, thank you. I start filming in five weeks, but I've got screen tests to do. It feels so weird, I'm responsible for who gets the role or not. It's scary, people's careers are in my hands." I told them with a sigh.

"I totally get it. I felt exactly the same when we started Ultron. They had cast me before Pietro so they were relying on me to choose who was going to play my brother. But, just don't stress. You'll know the right person when you meet them." Lizzie said sweetly.

"Thanks, that actually does make me feel better." I breathed. "Only annoying thing is that it's the day after the premiere, so I can't even get drunk at the after party - let alone the AFTER after party." I groaned.

"Maybe that's a good thing, we've all seen drunk Carter a few too many times on this press tour alone." Chris laughed, I could only imagine him throwing his head back.

"I personally think that drunk Carter is great!"

"Is that Tom?" I laughed. "When did he get there?" I asked as I approached my front door. I pulled my key out of my purse and unlocked the door and was greeted by my dogs. "Hey babies!"

"Hello darling."

"I was talking to the dogs but hey Tom." I laughed and heard the the couple laugh at my boyfriend - his cheeks were probably flushed and he had that adorable embarrassed grin on his face.

"I'm home now, so if you guys want to leave that cramped hotel you're more than welcome to come over. I'm just about to make some lunch." I told them as I walked into the living room and put my purse on the couch.