He doesn't 'got it'

"Okay, sleepy girl." I smiled, reaching down to pick up my daughter from her bed. "Let's go find your sister and your dad."

I held Luna on my hip as we walked downstairs and into the living room. I leant against the wall while I watched my fiancé lay on the fluffy rug next to Aurora who happily babbled away.

"But, we're not going to tell that to Uncle Chris, right?" Tom asked her, a big smile on his lips. "Because he thinks that Captain America is the best but he's not. Spider-Man is the best, and you can't disagree because Spider-Man is your dad, right? Right." He stroked her blonde hair lightly while she squeezed the stuffed elephant.

"I'm pretty sure that Thor is the best Avenger." I shrugged, smiling happily. Tom looked over at me and smiled too. "I mean, have you seen those biceps?"

There goes the smile.

"Agree to disagree, darling." He grumbled before picking up the baby. "Mummy is just jealous because she knows Spider-Man is cooler than Blue, don't listen to her, Rory." He laughed and made his way over to me with Aurora sat on his own hip.

"Morning, babe." I said, leaning in to peck his lips.

"Good morning, darling. How'd you sleep?" He asked with a smile before turning around and putting Aurora onto his other hip.

"Alright, other than the usual feeds." I sighed before looking over at him - Well, the back of his head while he walked into the kitchen. "You all packed?"

Tom's shoulders dropped as he exhaled. "Yeah, Marvel have me out on a fight at 7." He mumbled, starting to make a cup of tea with his free hand.

"Are you excited? The script was great." I tired to find the bright side and not dwell o the fact that my fiancé now had to leave for five months.

"Not really, I mean yeah, it'll be amazing to make another Spider-Man but the girls are barely six months old. I want to be here - believe me, I do. But -"

"Tom, I get it, okay? You don't need to explain work to me." I told him sympathetically, placing Luna in her high chair to start her food. "Where's the dogs?"

"Harrison came over early and took them out for a walk. I think there's a girl at the dog park he fancies." Tom laughed, coming up beside me to put Rory in her matching seat. They babbled away to each other, their hands hitting the tray in excitement.

"Where's the thing?" I asked. Tom just looked at me with a cocked eyebrow. "You know? The thing, with the thing that you put the food in?"

"The bowl?" Tom laughed, the bowl in his hand with the mushy food already in it.

"Shut up." I mumbled, taking the bowl and sitting in front of Aurora while Tom sat in front of Luna.

"Back to the work thing, are you sure you're alright with me going?" Tom asked, scooping up some baby food and giving it to Luna.

"Tom, you went away for two weeks and you FaceTimed us every day. It'll all work out." I laughed, making funny expressions while Rory finished the food in her mouth.

"But this isn't a two week work trip, it's five months." Tom sighed. He kept feeding Luna, catching the food that she spat out.

"I'm not going to be alone, babe. I've got Lizzie and Chris, Seb when he comes over, Scarlet and Downey." I gave Rory the last bit of her food and used her bib to wipe her face.

"I just feel like I'm missing so much, you know?" Tom did the same and picked her up out of the chair.

"Hey, just think about times in the future where I'll have to work and you get to stay at home with the girls."