Epilogue - part 2

Tom unlocked the front door to his home and was greeted by the familiar scent of Carter's favourite Christmas candle and their family dog Pippa, a four year old golden retriever they had adopted after the passing of the kids' family pit bulls.

He closed the door and threw his keys into the sideboard, walking into the living room to find his teenager lounging on the couch and scrolling through his phone.

"This is the third time this term, Nate." He sighed, standing in front of him. "I had to leave me meeting early because you got suspended from school again. The only reason you're not facing expulsion is because lucky for you - the principal was a Spider-Man fan in her day. You know that I don't like to use my status in that way, seriously, kid. Is it so hard to ask you not to start any more fights at school?"

Nathan simply shrugged his shoulders and kept his head down, staring at his phone.

"The guy called me a nerd because I did my homework - so I showed him I could still throw a right hook."

He didn't put down his phone as he scrolled through the television channels.

"Your mum's interview is on in an hour so until then, could you please do the dishes and help get ready for your sister's dance show tonight."

Nate finally put down his phone and looked at his dad. "You do know I have two sisters who dance, right?" Henscoffed as henstood from the couch and walked into the kitchen where he would do everything but the dishes for the next half hour on basic protest of his chores.

"Okay, and which one of those two sisters is actually in the country right now?" Tom said as he quirked his eyebrow, knowing that the older twins were back in the US with their mother.

"Oh, by the way, dad." Nate called before taking a snack from the cabinet. "Rory called before you got back and said she's sent mum's Christmas present here. She wants us to hide it."

Tom acknowledged it and went about cleaning up the house, knowing his teenagers wouldn't bother.

                          Tom was sat on the couch, the lights of the tree lighting up the otherwise dark living room, watching the chat show his wife would soon be on.

His attention was pulled, however, as the door was unlocked and pushed open. Pippa jumped up to greet her owner at the door.

"Hey dad!" Freya called as she closed the door behind her and dropped her bags on the floor, shaking the snow from her hair an coat. She walked into the living room, her tap-dancing shoes clicking and clacking the whole way as she stepped on the hardwood floor.

"Hey sweetie, how was rehearsal?" He asked with a smile as she flopped down next to him on the grey couch.

"It was alright, I missed a couple of steps in my duet but it's whatever. I mean, I'd be more worried if it were a competition tonight but it's just the Christmas showcase." The teenage girl shrugged her shoulders simply as she looked at the TV to see her mom being introduced.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Carter Holland!"

The crowd cheered as the blonde woman walked onto the stage dressed in a red jumpsuit that flattered her body - that, despite having gone through two twin pregnancies looked amazing.

"Thanks so much for having me!" She smiled as she sat down and told a sip of her champagne.

Part of Tom was jealous, that outfit had a deep plunge that boosted her cleavage to perfection and he didn't want anyone to see his wife like that - looking so hot. But he would never try and tell Carter what she could do with her body. Though, he couldn't help but smirk knowing that no matter how bad anyone wanted her, he's the only person that would get to see her stripped down and overcome with pleasure.