Risk-Sam Winchester.

Falling in love with someone is a risk, one that most of us take with the hopes of getting a positive result in the end. We all fall in love hoping for that perfect fairytale ending and some get that but others get the other result of falling in love. A pain, unlike any other, heartbreak which is appropriately named because of the fact it little feels like your heart is broken into tiny pieces. Of course, none of us go into relationships thinking the second option will happen, but sadly it happens more often than the other option. You had your heart broken a few times which made you a bit cautious when it came to relationships but with Sam Winchester, you had let that cautiousness go and fell head over heels thinking that there was no way that the puppy-dog-eyed Winchester would ever hurt you.

You two had been friends for years as well as hunting partners as well as roommates. You know Sam just as well as Dean (who was also a friend of yours). Eventually with some pushing from the older Winchester, the two of you made the transitions from friends to dating then to being officially (according to Dean finally). You knew how genuinely sweet, kind-hearted, and caring he was.. You also knew he wasn't the kind of jerk to dump someone over text out of nowhere and that he was a guy you could trust to not break your heart....at least that's what you thought.

Sam did break your heartbreak, not in the way you might think, Sam Winchester died and his death crushed you in many different ways. Sam getting sent to the box with Lucifer broke you. Totally had turned your life upside down. Even a year later you couldn't get over it. Sam and you had been talking about possibly getting married before all this happened so for him to suddenly be ripped away wasn't something easy to accept.

Everything was running smoothly, perfectly even in your relationship before his death at least that's what you always thought.....before Sam returned

The day you found out Sam Winchester was alive, you were sitting on your back porch sipping on a cold bear after a day at your normal, slightly boring job. You glaze at the stars as you do something you do often. It reminds you of Sam in a comforting way not in the whole break and down kind of one. The majority of Sam and you's dates were spent sitting on Baby eating whatever fast food Dean had brought back staring up at the stars. You two rarely had time to do anything else besides that besides the two of you enjoyed sitting out in the peaceful night huddled up together looking at the stars while whispering about random things.

You smiles softly as the memories ran through your head of those many nights together until you heard some commotion next door that snaps you out of your thoughts.

You hear loud cursing like glass breaking which immediately makes your hunter immediately instinct kick in. You then hear more commotion next door making your heartbeat increase as you grow worried which is when you jump up. You grab your gun off the counter before you rush out of your house. You burst into Dean and Lisa's garage which is when you look to see Sam, a strange man who quickly disappears, and an unconscious Dean Winchester.

"Oh my gosh." You squeak out causing Sam's head to turn to you

"Y/N?" speaks out Sam as his head wipes around

"This isn't fun shapeshifter." You say eyes hardening from anger knowing that probably the thing in front of you isn't Sam Winchester

"It's me Y/N, I'll-prove it." says Sam showing off the silver demon killing knife after he pulled it from his pocket

You watch carefully with your gun aimed at Sam's chest before he cuts his arm a little revealing blood. You wait but when nothing happens you drop your gun before you run to the tall man and quickly pull him into a hug.

"It's you, it's really you." You say with a million emotions in your tone, tears already poking your eyes

You were so busy being relieved at the fact that your boyfriend is alive that you didn't even notice that Sam stiffened at your touch before he awkwardly hugged you back.