Chapter 16

Hi Guys Here Goes The next Chapter.

Song Of the Chapter :- Lovely By Bellie Eilish

**************************************************************************************

Chapter: -16

"So, you were telling me the lies?" I asked, poison evident in my every word, that I say. I hate it when people lie to me. So why don't they just tell the truth? I was digging whole In Xavier face with my intense glare. It was so hard to keep a calming persona up. I was seething.

He stuttered, trying to get off the bed, but it was no use. With every move he makes, my eyes follow him like a hawk.

"Umm Cara Mia, Umm I ah uh, I was uh" this was all he said. I got off the floor making my way to him. He stilled. He knew I was mad. He can feel my anger, then why can't he just tell me the truth?

"Why can't you just say it?" I whisper yelled, getting eye to eye with him.

"What is so hard for you that you can't even say it? Is it something to do with my memory blockage. Is it too bad, that you think, I won't be able to handle it?" I asked. I know he is considering telling me. I can see it in his eyes. I just need to be more persuasive here.

"Just tell me, Xavier, I promise whatever it is! I can handle it" I know, I lie there myself, but I think, a lie covering a lie, is bigger then, a lie said to uncover those. Call it Regan Law or something.

His façade falling, bit by bit, with my every emotional attack. The kingdom not too far from my reach. I can feel my blood rushing in my veins. Was I excited?

"I can't Cara Mia, I Can't, Its too hard to tell you what happened, I can't have the repeat of it all over again. You were my friend and I failed you, I can't tell you what happened, because I don't know if you would want to see me after it" he said.

All the blood rush I felt from earlier became cold. I clench my teeth in anger. I grabbed the first thing I saw and threw it at his face.

"How could you be so heartless, all of you keep telling me that you failed me! how could all you judge my feelings? Are you all some saints? Did lord put you all in my path, did he ask you to be my freaking guardian angel? If yes, then let me tell you, you are shitty guardian angel" I walked over the window and pushed it open.

"If you cannot give me the truth, then please take your sorry ass and get out of here" with that been said, I turned my back on him. I heard him sigh, trying to say something. In the end, he gave up and walked over to the window. I heard him hiss probably due to the rain attack, but I held my ground.

You can't be softy right now Regan. I repeated in my brain

Before he could jump off he said.

"I know you probably hate me right now, but whatever I did, it was to protect you. One day when you have your memories back, think, would you still want me around Cara Mia? because I know, I would not be able to face you with the truth being out!" with that he jumps toward the tree and disappears in the night.

When I heard no noise of him falling, I was sure he made it on the ground without breaking any bones, I turned to verify my doubts. I know it was quite harsh of me, kicking him out in cold night, but it was nothing compared to him lying to me.

I huffed closing the window, I grabbed the pillow, which I threw at him earlier, and made my bed. I can't sleep. I want too, but I can't. Not after my doubt has increased.

I know something in that locker could possible tell me what happened, but what could it be? I must find out.

With a sigh, I thought of all the possible combinations, that Alex could use for his password. What could be? Out of nowhere, I thought about using my date of birth as his password. I got up from the bed. Made a dash toward the door and, In a blink, I was back in the kitchen, in front of the locker. I put my date of birth for the last option.

Mischief me kicking in, I used Alex date of birth first. A high beep sound came with 'Password incorrect'. Made me practically jump out of my bones. It was loud, but not too loud, to reach the hall or my room.

So, I tried again, this time I used my birth date. Again, that password incorrect message came, getting me pissed. I was confused, but I was prepared for it this time. I know I cannot do the random third try, or it would lock. So I tried the best thing I learned from all CIA shows.

I looked around for some powder to use. I know they do it with powder. After looking for it in some drawers, I went to my room and grab some talcum powder and my powder brush off my dresser. Putting some on my palm, I gently spread it on the key-pad with my powder brush. Blowing remaining away. I looked at his prints.

He used 012467. The 0 and 1 were mostly used twice as the number was a bit more rugged. I was confused. Was it a date? What date could it be then?

I dusted the remaining powder gently. What date could it be? My mind keeps repeating the same thing over- and- over again. I know it sounds stupid, but I want to know what's inside that locker now. I hate to be in dark and it gets on my nerve.

I step back, scratching my head in anticipation of the moment. Maybe it was his graduation, or could it be. it could not be!! I facepalmed myself. How could I forget? It that date! The date we got married. Alex told me we got married on June 16, 2017. It has 1 and 0 as a repeat. I tried the password and beep.

I did my happy dance, when I saw the green right blink on top, indicating its open. Finally!! I said to myself. At least some success. Pulling the locker open I dug my hand inside. Pulling everything out, I thought it would have some gold or some scary chips or something, but it was paper? I did all my efforts for some papers! I first thought it was a troll. But I dig in again to find nothing else.

Alex had a stupid secret locker to protect some papers? what were those papers? The papers were rolled in and tied by a thread. I pulled the thread and straighten the documents. It seems like a contract. I read a few lines and realize that it was a marriage contract.

I read the contract until half and was baffled!! I feel so stupid. I thought he said he loved me? but here it was, his lies in ink and paper. No love, no affection. I felt my head feeling heavy. Tears falling out. A flashback of the night of my marriage coming in front of my eyes.

Then of a day when it all ended

"Your contact says I TRAPED you in this marriage!! Tell me, Alex, did you forget the truth or you want me to remind you?"

I saw wrath in his eyes, pure hate.

He said he loved me, but the memories coming were not like love. The memory of me getting kicked out of the house, of a women Alex considered his girlfriend and, the memories of the accident that erased it all came back.

I was on the ground, kneeling on my knees. Sobbing for a child, I never get to see. And to top it all, I cried because it hurts so much. It hurts to know that all I ever wanted was love and I never got that. I wanted Alex to pay, but I never got that either. He played me like his pawn, he got what he wanted, then?

 Why come back?

************************************************************************************

Dont Forget to comment of Like. 

Thanks