Chapter 31

Song Of the chapter:- Let me By Zayn Malik

**************************************************************************************

Chapter 31

*2 Year later*

Walking down the university halls, I have around head high book pile in my hands. The finals are in just three weeks. I don't know how I am going to coup with that! I put my a*s in line to complete my MBA in international business management and now when I'm this close to it my heart couldn't contain the happiness.

Three-some years ago, I couldn't even fathom to achieve this degree, but I'm here now. In less than three weeks I will be an MBA holder.

Being away from Alex did help. I was weak some days and some days I was not. It was like moving on, I knew he will haunt me forever. I could still feel someone following me at night, but I never looked back, the fear that it will restart all over again was very real.

I have a boyfriend, nothing permanent, just temporary, he knows it as well. His name is Cayden and he is gorgeous. When I say gorgeous, I mean drop-dead handsome. I don't know why he chose me over any other girl in the university, and no I'm not just saying it to show off modesty but I genuinely was in shock when he asked me out. Anyways we settled the terms to take it slow and its as good as it could be.

I just not only have a boyfriend I now have friends as well.

Umm well, not friends, that would be an exaggeration of everything, but umm more like a friend, his name is Ryla...

"Hi, ray stop....."

I heard his footsteps thumping on the ground before I heard his voice it was nearing fast at a rapid speed causing my spine to go rigid. I tried to turn around with that pile in my hands, but my unfortunate luck the moment I did, he crashed right into me, causing the pile and me to fall, books all over the planet and me rump flat on the ground.

"Rylanddddd" I screamed. "What in the hell world made you bolt at me, didn't you see I was almost incapable to overlook the pile of this ginormous literature?" I shouted. However, when I saw above, it wasn't Ryland whom I crashed into. My throat went dry when my eyes met the blue ones that I never thought I would see. Not after this long. Moment stilled when he stared at me and I to him.

"Sir, Mr. Williams" I heard my vice principal coming from behind and snapping the moment in between. Her hand encircled Alex's forearm. Then she saw me on the floor all splattered like slime and her face went pale.

"Oh," She murmured, I narrowed my eyes at her. "Sir I apologize for the student in-appropriate behavior, please forgive her, she is just a little stressed." She murmured, at this point, I don't know if I shall stand up or stay the way I was. I choose the second one.

"Regan" I heard Cayden voice. By now both Ryland and Cayden were right next to me, Cayden knelt to help me up, his hands circled my waist as he lifts me and put me back on my feet.

"You ok baby," he asked as he kissed the crown of my head. I meet his eyes and nodded. As I turned my eyes to look at our wise principal hoping for a loud lecture, my heart dropped as they met Alex's. His stare fixated over Cayden's hands, which were still on my waist. 

I can bet my life that the clench of his jaw is due to Cayden's recent public display of affection toward me.

"Mrs. Fischer" Cayden addressed our wise principal with a slight nod breaking the tormenting tension that only I can feel.

"Mr. Woods and Mr. Sky, it's a pleasure to see you here today. Ms. Oxford are you all right? The fall didn't hit you hard, I preassume." She exclaimed giving me a stern look.