Chapter 19

Chapter 19

*3 MONTH LATER*

Leaving the mention and Alex lies behind was not something that could come as easy. I now live with John and his family. They are very nice people who gave me shelter, when I needed it the most. For the first few days, I felt like mourning over my loss. But I now know that, It not worth my time. I have to move on and make a life of my own.

I started working in a local county office as a helper. I don't know how I got this lucky. But one day while doing some grocery shopping the salesman handed me a brochure for "assistance needed' and I wasted no time to jump on the opportunity.

It was not so hard to work here. I have to just sort the pages and keep some track of Local criminal files. It's an eight-hour job. On very rare days we are busy, but other days are just like holidays.

The blessing of having a degree from college finally pay off. I Don't hear about Alex anymore. From the internet to news headline. His name has completely disappeared. I even tried to look him up online but nothing showed up.

Alex father Victor once contacted me on my new phone. God knows how he found my phone number. But the oath to keep my location to himself made me believe him. Besides that, I talk to Shawna on a daily bases. She went back to Italy to her parents after my disappearance. She claimed that Xavier helped her, but I don't think he could. She's always trying to convince me to talk to him. But I shut her down one way or another.

While working in county office I made some new connection. People who have some power, some connections. I wanted to find Venessa myself. I remembered what she did. And after what Alex told me. I just wanted to find that bitch and bury her with my own hands. I have been digging her history for longer than a month. My colleague who is also a sheriff name Roma Dicosta helped me a bit on my case.

She understood the point on why I never took any legal action, but always suggested to take help in future if a need arise. I was currently in the storeroom sorting some files. When I heard someone arrive.

"Regan? Hi, where are you?" I heard someone call my name. Coming out from the back of the storage room. I found tony learning at the door, face down reading the note in his hands. And phone in his other.

"I don't think they allow phones to people who are serving punishments?," I asked. He jumped in fright holding his hands on his heart. Looking like he saw a ghost or something.

"Oh, For lord sake don't do that again. I have no plans of dying at the early age of nineteen" the kid said putting his phone in his pocket

I laughed at his pale face. He just stood there and shrugged it with his little bit swag. Tony was a sweet kid but is currently serving his 3-month community service for getting arrested in underage DUI.

He claims that it was not his fault and he wasn't that drunk. but he almost hit a police car. So we all just irritate him by saying that he was in a wrong place at the wrong time.

"So, what brings you here in the storage room" At the mention of my words he stood up straight taking a long breath.

"Ms. Dicosta called for you in her office. Seemed like she found something for you, or that what she claims! Please go ahead and I will take my leave".

With that, he left. I looked back to the paperwork that I have to sort and scratched my head. I guess I have to ask someone else to take over for me. Getting out of the storage room. I made my way to Romas cabin, stopping at the reception asking Jenett our receptionist to give my work to someone else. She nodded her head and I proceeded toward Romas room.

Knocking on the door I waited for her to respond.

"Come in" I heard her voice from the other end. I slowly open the door coming face to face with two police officers and Roma. She signals me to sit down at the chair in the corner. And I did the same.

"I will let you know if I found something gentlemen. Now if you would please excuse me, I have some other work that currently needs my attention." Roma said. Standing up from her chair. She shook her hand with the officers and gently lead them outside. After they were gone. She closed the door making sure no one else can hear us.

"Is everything alright?" I tried to ask but she raised her finger. Signaling me to keep quiet. I was now confused.

After a few minutes passed, Roma open the door and leaned outside. Checking her surrounding, when she found it adequate, she signaled me to follow her outside. From her cabin, We made our way to the back exit. She pulled out the key and led me outside. Closing the door behind her she took a long breath.

I raise my brows at her discrete behavior.

"What's going on?" I asked. She took my hand and pulled me in a hug.

"I found something on that Venessa girl" my body went rigid when she mentioned her name, but I kept my composure in place. Pulling back she smiled and pulled out some paper from her pocket.

She handed them over and waited for me to open and read through them. It was a document that shows that a girl called Rose making some illegal transaction in a local bank. Some forgery documents on her. Some cases on her regarding spying and selling confidential information to other country. And so on.

"This is not her. It's about some girl name rose and I am looking for Venessa." I said looking at Roma trying to understand, why she is grinning like a joker on Christmas.

"What?" I asked.When she didn't answer my question.

"Look again. Check the last page" she said still grinning like a cherished cat. I sighed and looked again. I turned the pages and nearly dropped them all.

Roma Caught them before they fell to the ground.

"Now, Now don't go In shock just yet." She said. Looking amused at my dropped jaw. The last page had Venessa picture. A circle in red drawn on it. A detail on who she forged her identity in, all in bold and marked in red and black. She Is know as Rose Denquite.

"Am I just not great?" Roma said. Making me laugh. The documents she had were enough to put Venessa in lifetime prison. God, I never thought she was that dangerous. Roma smiled as I embraced her in a tight hug.

"Thankyou-thankyou-thankyou." I keep repeating. She patted my back as I parted away.

"But how?" I asked, "We didn't see these documents in all our files." He mouth became straight line at that.

"Well, she is actually not someone who wants to be found. I have to pull some strings to get my hands on these documents. Remember those two officers in my office. There were here to inquire about, 'why I was looking in Rose Denquite file'. There are people who don't want us to find her Regan. Whatever this woman did. It's bad. She is a Bad news. I gave you these documents, but be careful with them. Do not let anyone have their hands on it. We don't know what loin den we just dug. If black mafia is involved, this certainly is not good." She said. I never saw Roma being scared in the past month. So if she is scared. That means shit is as real as it can get.