Chapter 34

Song Of the Chapter

Take me to Church by Hozier.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter:-34

Cayden has always been someone I admired for being courageous. However today that courage was looking more like a stubborn tantrum.

Even after Alex gave him the best threat, Cayden is still standing in my room glaring at Alex.

"You certainly have some balls, Mr. William. You came here looking all power-full assuming me to leave my girlfriend for you because you 'Claim' her to be your long-lost wife?" He said folding his hand on his chest.

I grumbled under the sheets, involuntarily I pulled the cover down to just eye level. Suddenly it feels like Cayden was amendments in digging his grave for no good. I wanted to stop this nonsense, however, Alex being Alex, he beat me to it.

"You think that I am 'Lying' about her being my wife'. He said in the same tone as Cayden, Quoting the word "Lying'. He walked forward toward Cayden brushing past him and pulled out my computer chair taking his seat on it.

"How much do you think you know about my wife?" Did she tell you about her favorite color? Or do you know her favorite food? did she tell you how she spends her spare time? or do you know her habit of being clumsy?" He asked raising his hand brushing his flyaway back.

Cayden if not frustrated he certainly looks like he is about to murder someone. He was biting he lips in anger because I know he doesn't know the answer of any of Alex question. He rubbed his face taking his seat on the floor looking defeated. It aches my heart to see him like this.

I liked him. his eyes were facing the floor like he is playing all our memories to find an answer. The guilt inside me raising. I did my best to sit up covering myself the best I could, Alex turned his face toward me scanning me. His jaw clenched and unclenched because it takes no rocket science to figure out that I was completely bare under the sheets. I ignored him the best gulping my guilt I open my mouth to come up with something to say but no word came out.

I cleared my throat trying to get his attention. However, the moment he looked up it broke my heart all over for him, his eyes were red like he is about to cry. Darn it, Regan.

"Cayden Please let me explain" I tried to get off the bed but Alex's hand clutched my forearm stopping me from moving. "It's not what It looks like" I started choosing my words wisely but already know that I messed up. Alex glared at me raising his brows in question.

"Oh really? What does it look like to you my love?" He said with venom coating his every word. I wanted to punch him for even being here, but he is not the person of my concern. I pushed Alex's hand away from my body and got off the bed. The moment I stood up I heard Alex Sneer.

"Don't you dare love," he muttered. I stepped toward Cayden but Alex's word made me stop in middle.

"If you took one more step, my love, I won't be held accountable for his downfall". This angered me because even if it's been two years he is still being the controlling bitch.

"So, is this how you married her?' I heard Cayden say. I turned my head to see him looking at Alex's hand which is still holding my wrist in a tight grip. "Did you forced her to marry you, Mr. William, like you are forcing her to be on your side right now," he said standing up.

Looking at his face right now there was a flick of emotion that I can't comprehend. But he is planning something and my gut is telling me this isn't gonna be good.

"My relationship with my wife is none of your concern Mr. Wood. I recommend you to take your leave as you certainly overstayed your welcome. Don't misjudge my ignorance as me being lenient. I only tolerated your presence as my wife won't be too pleased with me if I punch you or have my security drag you out of this room." Alex completed.

"Why don't you ask your wife if she wants me to leave or not. I glared at Cayden' (Is he out of his mind). Alex gave me a look. He stood up coming forward and gently pushing me behind his back. I was shocked at his action. Was he trying to conceal me from Cayden?

"What are you proposing Mr wood?" Alex asked looking like he is trying to understand Cayden's next move. It baffled me that with each moment Alex's shoulders were getting tense.

"For a billionaire, you are certainly should know what I am proposing Mr. William," Cayden said. His lips tilt upward in a smirk. I chocked on a nasty feeling.

"What I'm proposing Mr. William Is let's make it a fair shot." I got even more confused. What is he talking about?.

"What are you saying Cayden?" I asked trying to get out from behind Alex. Cayden's eyes found mine and soften. He let out a breath and open his mouth.

"What I am saying beautiful is that I know your relationship isn't all Rose and glasses. I am already in love with you and I am not in any chance I am willing to give you up this easy. So, let's make it a fair game. Let both of us date you for a month and at the end of it whomever you choose will be your man."........

***************************************************************************************

If you like this chapter please vote and comment.

Please do follow me on my Instagram and twitter @Katejonas and katejonas18

I am trying to make daily motivational quotes to not just motivate others but for me as well,

Below is today's quotes by me.