Chapter 39

Surprise update.

Hope you all will like it.

Song of the Chapter:- Lying Down by Celine Dion 

**********************************************************************************************

Chapter 39

"He loved me" he said. oh how bitter that taste in my mouth. We were driving toward the Black industries in Alex's car. I was feeling a lot more bitter then just the normal person should but I can just digest the word in my stomach. I know I've been silent since he said it. The whole walk till his car to the parking lot of Black industries, I couldn't utter a single word. I just didn't want to.

The moment Alex stopped I unbuckle myself from the seat about to get out when he stopped me.

"Wait" Alex whispered. Unclasping my hand from my bag he took hold of both my palm. "I know Its too soon for me to say those words to you, And I know I said no I won't push you to be my wife again but love please at least forgive me a bit, I know not all I have done can be forgotten, not all that I have done can be erased but I promise you that I will try till my last breath to make it work". He said before he leaned forward and kissed my cheek. "Have a good day, I will pick you up in the evening" with that he let my hands go.

I still couldn't take his words. They were just words. Giving him a small nod, I turned and open the door. Taking a calm breath, I shoved whatever creepy feeling I was feeling down and made my way inside the office building. I did make it five minutes to eight. Plastering a fake confident smile, I made my way in the glass doors.

The moment I entered heads turned toward me. I was kind of shaken at how much attention I was getting, the moment I made it to the front desk the receptionist was smiling like crazy. "Hi Ms oxford, Welcome to black industries. MR black is waiting for you in his cabin. You know the route. I hope you have a good day" She said all that in one breath still keeping that charming smile. I nodded my head and silently made my way to the fifth floor. The moment I reached the cabin a knocked and when I heard "Come in" I made my way inside Mr black cabin; I stopped the moment I saw a young guy not older than Twenty-six sitting there in Mr black chair and turned to leave.

I cursed my brain for forgetting the correct path and mumble a small apology. Before I can make it out of the door the guys said "Stop. You are indeed in the right place. Miss oxford I presume?" The voice behind me said.

"I slowly turned my body toward him and mumble a small yes.

"Come take a seat Miss oxford and please hand me over your resume once more, I would like to re-review it before we allocate you to your new job" He said. still not looking up from his paper he extended his hand forward for me to give him my resume.

"I'm sorry uhh"

"Mr black" He completed and looked up. His steel-Gray eyes made me gasp but I quickly composed myself.

"Right uhh Mr knight I was not told to carry my resume today, However, I can email it to you if you like. Before I do so, May I please ask why do you need my resume? I thought I was already hired?" I asked a bit confused now.

He looked at me and I mean (He placed his document down and leaned back and looked at me)

making me a bit more nervous. I hope he won't ask me to leave now.

"You see Miss Oxford my dad did say he hired someone but he never mentioned your qualification nor your experience to me. He just hired you and said you were good at work, but I beg to disagree with my father's decision. I do have your resume but I don't find you worthy of the job title my father provided you" He said making my insides churn.