Chapter 42

Rose:-

********************************************************************************

Chapter 41

I think my eyes gave out enough, both men looked at each other with intense glare but then Clayton's eyes shined with an amused glint. I turned my neck and found Alex having same look, out of nowhere Clayton started laughing and then stood up from his seat, Alex let go of my waist and they both hugged each other like they were best friend forever. I was baffled would be an understatement of the universe.

"Dude I won't say it didn't burn at first when that bitch left me, but then I heard how disastrous it turned out and I would tell you, I pity you. But then I don't think you deserve my pity. If it wasn't for her you wouldn't have met this wonderful woman." He said his eyes coming to my face and his face contour into admiration.

"She is amazing, isn't she," Alex said leaning down and kissing my cheek breaking me out of my amazement.

His finger traced my hair and tucked a strand behind my ear. "Regan baby I think it's time I break some news to you," Alex said. He and Clayton both had this stupid smile that I just can't fathom what is going on. "Come-on it's time we leave". Alex helped me up from my seat and we made a beeline to exit. The moment we were out the door I saw Scarlett waiting for us against a range rover who I presume belonged to Clayton. He walked toward it and helped Scarlett in the passenger side while I and Alex got in the back seat. This whole ride was silent and I was extremely confused as to (What the fudge is going on).

The ride was not long, we dropped Scarlett off to her apartment and soon we all were parked inside Clayton's house and Alex helped me out. He must have felt my dejected nature because when Clayton disappeared going inside, he stood by my side caressing my back. I gave him my WTF look and but he said nothing. Just help me inside. When I walked inside the house what I didn't expect to see was everyone.

Shawna was pacing the room looking like she is about to murder everyone mumbling some curse about 'how fucked up this all was'. Xavier sitting on the couch relaxing. Roman leaning against the wall sipping some bourbon. Alex's family sitting on the opposite couch both holding each other hand. And all of them now joined by Clayton and Ryland.....

My feet froze the moment I scanned the room. I knew something big is about to come my way. "Shaw"? Is the only word I could mumble up. The moment it went out of my mouth every head in that room turned toward me catching me like a dear caught in a headlight.

"Baby..." I heard Shawana scream as she rushed toward me catching me off guard as she jumps on me catching me in a hard but tight hug. We both stumble and almost crashed into Alex but he holds us before we both can hit the ground.

"Oh my god, Ray how long has it been since I last saw you.?" Her eyes were filled with tears and all of them were pouring down on me as Niagara Falls. She kissed my face like I was her toddler but I was still in a daze. She took hold of my hand and helped me up, pulled me toward the couch and helped me take a seat on the couch next to Alex's parents. I was looking left to right until Alex came to me. He leans down in front of me handing me a glass of bourbon.