6| You Are Not A Jerk

***\HOLLIE'S P.O.V/***

Waking up, I pulled the covers over my head, my head thumping like a drum. I checked my phone only to realise it was 5am and still dark out. I rolled back over and began to settle down again.

When my headache didn't stop I let out a loud groan and sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed with a surprising lack of grace for someone who relies on dancing to make a living. Walking towards the bedroom door I threw it open with ease before making my way towards the kitchen cupboards, I keep medicine and tablets in the top right draw.

Looking over to the sofa I watched Ethan sleeping, gentle breaths leaving his slightly parted lips. He looked peaceful lying half beneath the quilt, his body stretched out across the sofa with his hand draping over the edge. I let my eyes roam over the bare chest that was revealed where the blanket didn't cover and let out an inaudible sigh. He looked like a bronze Greek God.

I tiptoed past him whilst trying to stay as quiet as possible to avoid waking him. Reaching the kitchen I began to increase the pace of my steps, fumbling blindly for paracetamol as I stood on tiptoes to reach the top shelf when I heard movement coming from behind me.

"Shit!" Spinning around on my heel I spun to come face to face with Ethan, his jet black hair was so dark it looked almost blue and his blue eyes bore into mine with amused curiosity. "Agh god sorry my head is banging and I can't reach the top shelf!" Moving away from the cupboards I stepped towards him.

"Ah I see." With ease he stepped forwards and took down the box of medication from the shelf, "one of the perks of being 6'2," he grinned back at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not exactly short" I walked over to his large frame and stood on tiptoes to look into his eyes, "I'm 5'10 so you can keep this" I placed my index finger onto his lips, "shut". With a smug grin I took the box from his hands thanking him, his deep morning voice was doing strange things to my stomach. I shrugged it off, probably just a symptom of my mild hangover. Probably...

I watched Ethan continue to pull two glasses down from the cupboard before filling them both with water. I snapped four paracetamol out of the packet and separated them on the work surface so that we both had two each.

"Thanks Holl," he reached forward to pick up the two tablets and swallowed them both at the same time with the water, I stared at him open mouthed before swallowing mine one at a time. "You going to be able to go back to sleep?".

"Nope." I gulped down the rest of my water and set the empty glass back down onto the island counter, "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Don't stress it, I'm used to getting up early," he replied with a genuine smile. How can anyone smile at this time in the morning? I walked towards the large French windows at the side of the kitchen and unlocked them with a quick twist of the key.

Stepping away I began to search the lounge draws for a packet of cigarettes along with the lighter my best friend Ryan had bought me whilst in Greece. The Greek flag was printed the whole way around the lighter, the blue and white colours standing out from the rest of the items in the draw.

Turning back to the windows I went out onto the small patio and hopped onto the waist high wall overlooking the main road. Dangling my legs over the edge I rested my butt on the wall as Ethan jumped up beside me. I shot a curious look at him before he sat down at my side, his thigh slightly touching mine. The fabric of my oversized shirt had ridden high up my thighs but his body heat kept me from becoming cold.

The sky was still dark, the street lamps flickering and stars still out however I could tell that morning was only minutes away.

Both sat in a comfortable 'too early to talk' silence, I pulled out my cigarettes, offering him the pack he took two from it, placing one between my slightly parted lips. He then reached around me for the lighter at my right, his hand slightly brushing my thigh. Flicking the spark wheel, I watched the flame flicker to life at his fingertips before we both leaned in at the same time.