43| 'I Want You'*

*24th December*

We had arrived at Ethan's parents house at 7pm, I didn't bring much more than a toothbrush, pre-wrapped Christmas presents and a spare change of clothes as we would only be here for one night at the very most.

Ethan's Mom, Jenny was instantly the perfect host, apologising continuously for her husbands absence as he was working late but I honestly didn't mind. It was far less intimidating. She stood with us in the exuberant living room, beside the real log fire as we talked about Christmas plans and my own personal life. Every time she mentioned the topic of my occupation I tried to avoid talking but when the question was inevitably asked, Ethan swooped in and told her that I'm a model. Thank fuck for that.

"Will I have seen you on any magazines?" Jenny asked with a smile, I wished that I had dimples like hers, they brought attention to her natural cheekbones.

I love dimples.

"I'm fairly new to the scene, although there will be an article on me in the next edition of glamour. Not quite front cover material yet," I explained, trying not to think about who would also be displayed on the beach photos beside me. I would let Damion tell people about our 'media relationship'.

"Will you be the girl to finally get him to pop a ring on your finger?" Jenny joked with me and I forced a laugh, my eyes shifting over to Ethan. He looked incredibly amused by my discomfort. "He has enough money mind you!" she added with a wink.

"Oh God, I think that I'm a little too young for marriage yet," I smiled at Jenny and tapped her arm lightly, "Ethan's already giving me grey hairs now with his work ethic

"Oh God, I think that I'm a little too young for marriage yet," I smiled at Jenny and tapped her arm lightly, "Ethan's already giving me grey hairs now with his work ethic."

Jenny burst out laughing, "Hun you haven't had to deal with him for the last 23 years, his father is no different!"

"Excuse me, still here." Ethan's arm reaches out to snake around my waist, subtly pulling me closer towards him. Has he told her that I'm his 'kinda' girlfriend?

"I'm just going to pop into the kitchen to start the tea." Jenny gave me a knowing wink before hastily leaving the room and Ethan closed the distance between us instantly. Maybe he wasn't so subtle then?

He pulled me into him and set his chin on the crown of my head. "So, what do you think of my mom?"

"I think she's just as fabulous as you described her."

Ethan gave me a real smile and I could almost feel my heart aching at the sight of his relieved expression. "I was so worried that you wouldn't like her, or that she would come across as too much."

"Nope, she was just enough. Although I could use a stronger drink after all that talk about marriage." I pushed my hands under the back of his T-shirt to playfully pinch the hardness of his bare back. "I could also use a shower."

With his nose in my hair, he inhaled deeply. "But I like you smelling like me." His arm draped over my small frame that was currently covered in one of his formal white shirts, the sleeves were rolled up to the elbows and the top two buttons were casually undone.