11| Buisness Party 2.0

***\HOLLIE'S P.O.V/***

As soon as we entered the room my eyes were instantly searching for Ethan's tall frame, the song sweater weather by the neighbourhood was playing softly in the background. I could feel all eyes turn to me, I wasn't sure if it was because of my dress or Josh on my arm.

"Everyone is staring!" I whispered into Josh's ear with a panic stricken voice.

He chuckled darkly before reaching down to whisper back, "It's because you're unreasonably ravishing in that lace dress. Every guy in here is probably wandering how to get into your panties, and their girlfriends are staring because they're jealous." I whipped my head to his, watching the sensual smile that lingered there. I could feel heat rise to my face.

"I know you only say things like that to get a reaction out of me," I pouted at him "You should stop. It's cruel." I tried to hide the slight blush lingering on my cheek bones.

He reached out a finger, dragging it over my rosy cheek, "But why would I stop when it's oh so entertaining watching you squirm?"

I debated cursing at him but instead decided on something a little more creative, "When do I get to watch you squirm?" The sensual tone to my voice caused Josh to pause for a second, his greedy gaze drinking me in.

We had reached the bar before he got a chance to reply, the bar tender started asking what we would like to drink however my attention was caught on Ethan who was sat across the bar. He had been chatting with a man who must've been at least 40 but now his attention had been snagged. His eyes drifted over my body which was snug against Josh's, his eyes were glazed over and he seemed unable to look away from us; just as I was unable to look away from him.

Ethan had planned to pick me up at 9 from my apartment but I had cancelled on him at the last minute, after he had texted me to let me know it would only be him picking me up I didn't trust myself to be in such a close proximity alone with him.

The memory of him being reluctant to sleep in the same bed as me flashed to mind and I smiled slightly, 'look who doesn't trust themselves now' my taunting subconscious spoke up but I pushed it back down. Not now.

I whispered, 'I'll be back' and slipped away, closing the distance between us, his eyes drifted back to Josh who had now realised where I was going. A small smile played on Josh's lips and he nodded to me before turning back to the bar tender.

"Mr Morris, this is Hollie Murphy, Hollie this is my financial advisor and good friend, Mr Morris" he held out a hand to introduce us, the other slipping around the small of my back.

"It's nice to meet you Mr Morris." I put forward my hand to shake his but he simply shook his head.

Seconds later his mouth was at my knuckles, the gesture shook me but I tried to appear nonchalant, "beautiful women do not call me Mr Morris" he winked at me slowly, "You, my dear, can call me Lawrence".

"Well then, it's a pleasure to meet you Lawrence" as I spoke his eyes had a predatory gleam, I could feel Ethan visibly tensing beside me. Obviously he was just as uncomfortable with Lawrence's outright flirting as I was.

As Lawrence released my hand I felt Josh come around to my right side, his hand wrapped around my waist protectively, the gesture didn't go unnoticed by Lawrence.

"Ah Mr Lloyd, it's a pleasure as always" his eyes didn't leave Josh's arm around me, "But I see you're currently preoccupied, I didn't realise you and my client had separated," his eyes were mischievous and he glanced between Josh and Ethan before coming to rest his gaze on me. I knew he was trying to probe into my relationship status. What a dick.