52| Red Redemption

***\HOLLIE'S P.O.V/***

I don't know why my stomach felt nauseous at the thought of seeing Sawyer preform live, but it did. All day I had been feeling sharp waves of pain in my abdomen and every time I tried to push away the ludicrous thoughts, I just became even more highly strung. I have never seen him sing properly before, and every time I would to beg him to sing for me, he would either just shrug me off or tell me that I would have to wait to see him at a concert or somewhere less private.

I knew that one song had been written with me as the inspiration but I didn't want to think too far into what the lyrics were or how close to home they would actually hit. I instead preoccupied myself with getting ready to some of their best known songs and pretending that my hair brush, along with other inanimate objects, were microphones.

Is there any other way to get ready?

I went a little heavy with my eye makeup once seated at my dresser, going for a rare smoky eye, but I thought it worked. The rest of my makeup was simple and far less challenging. All in all I had taken longer than usual with my makeup routine, but it had still only taken twenty minutes, which gave me a whole thirty minutes to pull on my chosen outfit and blow dry my hair.

Upon hearing a sharp knock on the door I froze, my eyes glancing to the clock above the kitchen counter. Ethan and Josh should not be here as I still have another twenty minutes before I had to get to Ethan's apartment. I groaned a small noise of protest, pulled the chosen t-shirt over my head and ran to the front door. I was more than surprised to find Becky stood before me, sunglasses still on and a large bag tucked under her arm.

"Becky?" I asked, my face showing my confusion at her unexpected arrival.

She eyed me up and down, grinning at my outfit of choice. "Very nice. I like the t-shirt, very modest." She then used one hand to push the large sunglasses off her face and onto the top of her head. Clearly she was trying to hide the evidence of an all nighter, otherwise she would have no other reason to be wearing sunglasses after the sun had already set.

I rolled my eyes at her sarcastic tone, knowing that she wasn't being serious as my shirt was far from modest or 'nice'. "I haven't got time for you to poke fun, I have to be at Ethan's apartment in twenty minutes."

She held up a finger. "I thought you ought to see this," and before I could tell her that I really needed to finish getting ready, she pushed a small, rectangular piece of plastic into my open palm with a serious look. Her pale expression drained the blood from my face.

"Becky? What is this?" I knew exactly what it was but I didn't know how else to respond. Crap.

"Why would you even feel the need to take a pregnancy test Holl, have you come off the pill?"  Becky continued to hold out the white pregnancy stick as if it was a piece of damning evidence from a crime scene. I hadn't gotten around to telling her about the whole pregnancy situation last night and now didn't really seem like the right time. I don't think it will ever really be the right time.

"When did you find that? Where?" I asked, but my voice was barely more than a whisper. The one single straight line on the test was unnerving and blatantly negative.

I hadn't had time to check the result on the stick last night before leaving to find Mikey at the club, but now the negative result was a stinging slap across the face. Part of my brain was telling me not to worry as it was still only early, but the other, far louder, part was telling me that something was wrong.

Becky simply blew out a small, irritated breath before saying, "I found it an hour ago in your dressing room. You should really be more careful about where you leave them, if Mikey or anyone else had walked in and seen this, they would have instantly assumed you were sleeping around with the clients. That's not allowed."