24| Fight or Flight. 2**

***\HOLLIE'S P.O.V/***

Stunned and furious, Ethan dropped the bottle of beer that he was holding to the floor, forgotten, and turned his vicious eyes on me. I gasped when he hoisted me off my feet by my waist and slammed me down on the hard edge of the sink. I could tell that he was being careful not to touch me anywhere with cuts or bruises. Before I knew it, he had locked my wrists in a hold behind my back and positioned his body between my legs. He pulled me to him, roughly, and I was trapped. My chest rose and fell quickly, desperate for air.

Oh, God. "Ethan, let me go right now!" I screamed breathlessly.

My body was constricted between his arms. His grip was tight, enough to keep me still but not enough to hurt. I tried to twist and wiggle my way free, but he only jerked me harder against him and tightened his hold.

"Ethan, just let me go." I tried to make my voice sound forceful and confident, but with the struggle, my strength had dwindled. I sounded pathetic and unbelievable. He released a frustrated breath, and clenched his fists at his sides.

"Fuck." The curse ripped through his chest in a low growl. His hands were trembling and the look in his eyes was unlike anything I'd ever seen. His eyes met mine, our faces less than an inch away from each other. Several moments passed as he held me, trying to stare me down with those depthless blue eyes.

But it didn't work...until my gaze met his, then it was impossible to look away.

Damn it!

Even with the liquor on his breath, he smelled incredible, like musky bonfire ashes and citrus. My thighs were beginning to feel warm where his jeans rubbed, the rest of me was also on fire. Heat was spilling from Ethan's body and a drop of sweat glided between my breasts where my chest touched his. Dizziness fogged my head with the pressure he was putting between my legs, complete and utterly blinding me.

Our breathing eventually matched up, and his expression was no longer angry. He spoke shakily and almost sadly. "You don't get to say things like that."

"It's the truth," I bit out.

He jerked me again. "You want to hurt us?"

I glanced behind his shoulder to Josh, who was silently watching us with an unnerving intensity. I tried to keep my face even, but my body tingled everywhere.

Ethan's scent was all around me as he leaned in, "Because you've done that alright, we make you weak?"

Our bodies were melting together, our lips were so close. When I felt him harden between my legs, I squeezed my eyes shut, too afraid of why I wasn't struggling anymore. I should be fighting this, once again I am weak around them.

Taking a deep breath, I opened my eyes and stared boldly at them both, my pulse throbbing in my ears.

"Yes," I answered calmly. "I can't be with you, either of you."

"Yes you can." Josh spoke up so matter of factly. If only everything was that easy.

"I feel nothing for either of you," I lied. I can't be selfish when it came to them. I can't cause them pain, and pain seems to follow me like an unshakeable shadow, "I don't care." The blinding pain was chocking me but I managed to force out the words. This morning was a lapse of judgment and I paid for it physically.

Ethan flinched. "Don't say that."

The heat from his mouth wafted around me as I leaned in. "Nothing," I repeated, barely a whisper. "Now, get off—"

His mouth crashed down on mine, drowning out my protest. His lips devoured me hard and fast as his tongue dived into my mouth, and I let it, needing to feel all of him. The pulsing sensation in my core quickened, and I wrapped my legs around his waist before I closed my eyes, savoring the release. I was helpless around them both. I could lie through my teeth but as soon as their lips were on me I was unable to deny how I feel.