15| The Royal Lions

I arrived at Josh's apartment block early, paying for the taxi I hopped out and made my way into the building. Josh had texted me the pin code that allowed me into the penthouse, and as promised a spare card key had been left at reception for me to use. The lift was a welcome alternative to the unusable 'death trap' in my apartment block.

"Hellooo?" I called as I stepped through the elevator doors, I knew they were home as I could hear Josh playing music from the living room.

"Hollie?" A head poked around the kitchen door and I spun to face a grinning Ethan. As he stepped towards me I couldn't help staring at his gloriously bare chest. His muscled chest was toned and smooth, finished with a small tattoo in the centre.

It took real effort and restraint to just walk past him, why couldn't he just make this easy and put on a top? I didn't know how much longer I was going to be able to ignore him for.

"You're looking impossibly gorgeous today Holl" he complimented me, a devious and silly tone to his voice. He knew I was still trying to give him silent treatment for not coming to the game tonight.

I ignored him.

"I miss you" he tried, a small smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

I carried on walking.

"You still mad?" Ethan caught up with my fast pace, his arm reaching out to snag my own. I stopped walking away.

"You still not coming to the game with us?" I fired back, I let a 'try me' smile spread across my face, tilting my head slightly to the right as I spoke. "And for the love of God will you put on a t-shirt it's not that hot in here!".

"What if I don't want to?" He tried me, knowing how stubborn I am. "You gonna make me put one on?".

Josh's voice called from the other room, "Hollie he knew you were on your way up because reception just called to let us know. He has been wearing that top for an hour now, it only came off twenty seconds before you wandered in here" Josh was now stood at the other end of the room, casually leaning against the door frame.

"You little wanker!" I exclaimed, hitting Ethan's arm playfully, and causing him to raise an amused eyebrow at me.

"What? What if I decided to change my shirt huh?" Ethan shot me a guilty smile before bursting out with, "Well it worked didn't it! You're talking to me again".

He had a point. My silent treatment had failed miserably, "Well done" I rolled my eyes at him.

"You two done fighting?" Josh strolled over, he was dressed in only his joggers and a white t-shirt but the bag slung over his shoulder was clearly full of his burgundy football kit, "we need to go".

Ethan pulled on a shirt and joined us by the elevator, he apparently wanted to wave us off and wish Josh good luck.

I still couldn't get over how gorgeous the penthouse apartment truly was, with the endless black marble floors and ceiling to floor glass windows. If someone had told me that two twenty year olds lived here I'd never believe them. The sheer scale of how rich Ethan and Josh are compared to me is simply mind blowing; I am technically still paying off college debt.

As josh packed the car boot with his belongings I spoke with Ethan, he told me about his new business venture into the world of 'cardio reality', which was really only a pretentious way of taking about treadmills.

"Oh god, he isn't boring you with that too is he?" Josh spoke up as he slammed the car boot shut and came to join us.

"Hey! It's cutting edge" Ethan defended himself and I let out a small snort. I was on the cutting edge of consciousness.