25| Just Stop Thinking**

***\JOSH P.O.V/***

Hollie was clearly upset about everything that had happened, not that she would allow herself to admit it. The queen of self control had folded under the pressure and now her conscience was paying the price.

"When are we going to meet your parents?" I was sat across from Ethan at the table, he sat his ashtray on the table amidst the dirty dishes, tapping his cigarette against it. He looked too damn sexy in his smart shirt and tie, his blue eyes rose from the window to meet mine.

"Tomorrow," He said as he started to gather up the dishes distractedly. "They're meeting us here first before we go out for Dinner."

"I wish we could skip it," I mumbled. I'm not great with parents, after my mom died when I was seven and my Dad turned to alcohol, I lacked a parental figure in my life. I could sympathise with Hollie. However Ethan has always had a stable family, the classic nuclear family with a creditable credit card to go hand in hand.

 However Ethan has always had a stable family, the classic nuclear family with a creditable credit card to go hand in hand

"Mmm," Ethan hummed his agreement as he took a drag of his cigarette. He tilted his head back, blowing smoke toward the ceiling. "There's no skipping this one, Jennys getting engaged and as her closest cousin I'm obliged to go. I'm sorry"

"Don't be," I shrugged as he continued to work at stacking the dishes in a methodical, precise manner, making it obvious that he was hiding from what was really bothering him. I knew that he hated weddings but it seemed to be more than just that, "At least we get a wedding out of it."

"I was thinking we should invite Hollie to the wedding, I can check with Jenn Tomorrow." Ethan put out his cigarette and then stood. He picked up the neatly stacked dishes and placed them in the sink. "What do you think?."

"I think..." I pulled on his collar with my index finger and brought him flush to my chest, "that would be a brilliant idea. Who doesn't love wedding sex?" I raised a playful eyebrow and revelled in Ethan's responding laugh. However his humor faded quickly and he went back to the dishes.

"Tell me what's wrong Eth."

"Nothing."

I frowned slightly at his closed off tone. He has been acting strange ever since Hollie came back to the apartment in that state. I was instantly reminded of her face and found myself frozen to the spot.

"Hey. Hey, Don't do that to me again Josh, she is fine. Okay? She is fine." I could hear him but his words didn't reach me. All I could think about was how badly I was beaten by my father as a child, imagining Hollie in my place made me want to gag.

"Josh if you don't snap out of-"

I kissed him just to make him shut the fuck up. And even as he moaned into my mouth, I couldn't stop thinking of her: how she would dance in the car when she was really into a song, or how wide her lips raised up when she smiled. Everything was clouding my mind and having Ethan this close to me wasn't helping.