23| Fight or Flight. 1

Tutoring Bonnie was a pleasure as always, I swear she gets more and more adorable every week. Her bright eyes shone up at me as I opened the door, "Hollie!" her small arms clung onto me, pulling me through to the spare room where we work.

"I want to show you the doll mommy bought me. It's so pretty!" Bonnie was beaming up at me.

 It's so pretty!" Bonnie was beaming up at me

"Español por favor Bonnie."

"Quiero mostrarte mi nueva muñeca" Bonnie smiled proudly up at me and I smiled back at her. She is so clever.

I nodded a polite 'hello' to the rest of the family before tutoring Bonnie for an hour. Nobody commented on my dress but if they had I could've easily summed up a small, white lie about going out later. I stayed with the family for a few hours, having lunch with them and chatting. Half way through the lunch, the last topic I wanted to bring up came into the conversation.

"I have to address the elephant in the room here Hollie," Laura McCarthy shot me a sympathetic smile before finishing, "You're all over the newspapers and that famous footballer Josh Lloyd, who was here the other day, decided to save the day."

She waited for my response but I held my breath, "what is going on Hollie?" She asked, "Are you okay? You can always talk to me."

"It was a misunderstanding actually," I blurted out, I hate looking vulnerable, and having people pittying me is the height of embarrassment for me. "I'm fine now".

She gave me a suspicious look but dropped it, however as I left she pulled me into a tight hug, telling me that 'she is always here'.

"You're an amazing Mother to Bonnie, I don't think I tell you that enough." I love that she is so good to her daughter.

"How is your Mom doing?" She asked as we walked towards the front door. I furrowed my brows; why would she ask that?

"I-erm, She is...my mom is dead Laura."

Her eyes widened before she awkwardly rubbed her neck, "Gosh, I'm sorry for your loss. Are you okay?"

What?

"She has been dead for many, many years. I haven't had a real mother since I was two years old. I try not to think about it really." I have told her this before. More than once.

"Oh, hunny that's so sad. You are so good with Bonnie that I just assumed you would have a close relationship with your own Mom. I'm sorry for bringing it up."

I reassured her that it was fine and thankfully the uber was already outside so I said my goodbyes as quickly as possible, and slipped inside the waiting car.

"Where to my love?" A round, bearded man spoke up to me, his voice was gravely and worn.

I gave him the address to Elite but didn't tell him exactly where about on the road I wanted to be dropped off. I would get out a block from the club and walk there, I didn't like people judging me purely based on my occupation. It was purely a way to pay the bills.