42| Nymphomaniac

*1 week later, 23rd December*

We had been back in Brooklyn for only three days before Josh had to leave for a week, leaving just Ethan and I with the apartment to ourselves. We had made a promise with Josh that we wouldn't have sex without him here, instead promising to wait until he came back after Christmas but it had only been two days so far and I was already beginning to seriously doubt my ability to hold out.

Since Ethan doesn't trust my cooking skills and Josh isn't around to do the cooking, Ethan has been making all the meals with my minimal help of chopping up the vegetables.

"I want to introduce you to my Mom and parents over christmas," Ethan was sat across from me at the kitchen counter, his wide smile almost infectious as I tried to hide my answering grin. His mom? Seriously?

"You don't have to." I opened the mini ketchup bottle by my plate. "I need to hit the gym after work tomorrow anyway, I don't want you to feel pressured into anything." Meeting his Mom is a huge deal to me.

"We'll go to the gym together and then we can meet my parents afterwards." Ethan replied casually. Josh was going to be out of town over Christmas and although he had given an explainable excuse, I couldn't help but feel as though there was another reason for his hasty absence.

"Really?" I turned the bottle upside down and thumped the bottom with my palm, trying and failing to get a blob of the red condiment onto my plate.

Ethan took it from me with a condescending smile and used his knife to coax the ketchup onto my plate. "It's probably best for me to work off some energy before I get you naked in my bed anyway. I'm sure you'd like to be able to walk over Christmas." Yes, that would be preferable.

I stared at him, astonished by not only the casualness with which he'd made the statement, but also the wicked amusement on his face that told me he wasn't entirely kidding. His ability to talk so openly about sex after only just mentioning his Mother caused my jaw to drop open.

"You need to stop saying things like that," I glanced over at his smug grin and groaned. I'm really not enjoying this whole 'no sex rule'.

"Why would I stop when it's so easy to wind you up, my little nymphomaniac." I know that Ethan only calls me 'nymph' to annoy me as he knows that I hate it, but I am beginning to worry that I might actually be showing some nymphomaniac tendencies. I am becoming addicted to this man.

I ate some fries, thinking of someone else that I was also becoming embarrassingly addicted to. "What about Josh meeting your Mom?"

He swallowed a bite of his burger and washed it down with a swig from his bottled water. "He doesn't want to meet my Mom, and besides, I can't wait to see the shock on my mom's face when she meets you; she is convinced that I'm gay as I have never brought home a girl before. This will be a first."

I couldn't just ignore what he had told me, "Why doesn't Josh want to meet your Mom?"

Ethan stilled, "Neither of us want to confront our sexuality, I have never been attracted to another guy before and neither has he. Sometimes Josh gets uncomfortable and there are things he refuses to do, I've accepted it."

"Bisexual?" I poked the question and Ethan gave me a warning look that told me to drop it. I gave in with a sigh, "Have you seen Katie recently?"

"Yes actually, she and Lewis dropped by yesterday for some paperwork I have filed for Lewis." Ethan popped a skinny fry into his mouth and I found myself entranced by his ability to simply make eating look unbelievably sexy. "I can't stand the bitch."