16| After Party Come Downs *

The after party to celebrate the Royal Lions win, was held at a club down town. It wasn't the kind of place I expected them to go to, but I wasn't complaining. It was not some high end club with VIP guest lists, but the boys seemed determined that this was the 'only' place to go after a win. For a bunch of guys with seven figure pay cheques they seemed awfully down to earth.

Josh went to the bar to order drinks whilst I sat with Becky and Katie. I found out that Katie had actually only been dating Lewis for two months, and she only lived down the street. Becky seemed weary around her but once she'd had a couple drinks she lightened up, still telling me to 'watch out for her' but I only rolled my eyes. Katie is hardly the kind of person I should be watching out for, she's only a spoilt girl.

She is harmless.

"Here gorgeous" Josh bent down to pass me the drink, his fingers grazing mine slightly as he passed me the glass. The term of endearment made my heart clench. I felt Katies eyes glued to Josh rather than Lewis but before I could overthink it, she started to bombard me with questions, having to raise her voice to be heard over the loud music. I also tried not to overthink the majority of the questions revolving around Josh, that's just a coincidence, right?

I finished my drink far too fast, with Katie constantly distracting me with questions and encouraging me to drink up whenever I placed my glass back down.

Becky kept nagging at me, telling me that Katie was staring at Josh all night but I couldn't blame her, most of the girls here were. The only difference was that Josh didn't acknowledge or respond to any looks, except mine.

Josh and I kept on stealing secret glances when no one else was watching, his mouth tugged up into a sensual smile as I took a long sip of my drink. He raised his eyebrows and I watched as his tongue darted across his top lip, his gaze was wholly on my mouth.

I pulled away the glass, licking at the dampness left on my lips, he mouthed 'dance?' and I was up in seconds. His broad, muscular shoulders brushed mine as I caught up with him.

I had kept only to alcohol tonight, I didn't feel as though I needed any extra high when Josh took my hand and pulled me into the crowd of people. His skin on mine was enough of a natural buzz. Yet as we made it to the back of the crowd, near the wall, I realised that my head felt full of air. I couldn't concentrate on my surroundings. I felt far too gone and spaced out considering that I'd only had three mixers, I'd even shared one of them with Josh.

The feeling of weightlessness was surreal, I felt as though if I jumped from the window, I would fly, although some nagging thought lingered in the back of my mind telling me that I shouldn't test it.

"I want to dance with you Josh" a wild laugh escaped me and I flailed my arms above my head, "Don't just stand there like a lemon" I pulled his arm towards me and his mouth twitched, I preened, oddly elated that I make him laugh.

He began to dance with me, we were both panting, our breaths mingling to the point where I couldn't establish which was his and which was mine. All I could taste was strong liquor and ashy cigarettes as he pulled me flush against him and invaded my mouth. The dance music was loud and wild, our bodies moving to the rhythm of it. The darkness was only broken by the bright green flashing lights which illuminated Josh's face every couple of seconds. People were pushing against me from behind as they danced, but I just ignored them.

"You look so hot." Josh leaned down to my ear, having to raise his voice to a mid-shout so that I could hear him above the music, "I want you so bad right now."

"Do you now?" I shot him a playful grin, my arms raised above my head and he clasped his fingers with mine as his tongue traced the outline of my mouth. The sensation invaded my thoughts, all I could think about was his mouth and how it would feel if...