22| Shower Scrubs*

***\HOLLIE'S P.O.V/***

The ride to the apartment was short, on the way there I realised what a colossal mistake I'm making. Once we're in the apartment foyer I knew that I shouldn't be here. The thought struck me so hard that I had to take a breath.

"I should go," I blurted out, Josh turned to face me with worry written on his beautiful features, I can't stop staring at his strong jaw and deep hazel eyes. Damn him for being so attractive.

"This is a mistake, I'm more trouble than I'm worth...I don't want to cause trouble here." The words were like glass as I swallowed, I didn't want to say them but I didn't know what else to do. This was the right thing to do.

"Hollie, You can't blame yourself for what that prick did to you," Josh's hands were tightly gripping my forearms, his eyes searching mine with desperation.

"I don't think I can do this," I couldn't face either of the boys as I asked, "What am I to you? I don't want to feel like this if you're both just looking for a disposable toy...I won't let myself do that. I can't."

"Don't say that."

Ethan was instantly at my side, he looked desperately at me, "We can talk this through, work something out. It doesn't have to be right now."

I nodded my head. I don't have the energy to resist them right now, all I want is to curl up and sleep.

"Can I just sleep?" I asked quietly, I needed some time alone just to think everything through.

"Of course," Josh replied quickly, "You can have your spare room or ours, it's your choice."

There was no question. "Yours please." I didn't miss the delighted look on Josh's face; he tried unsuccessfully to hide it.

"We'll be just through here if you need anything," Ethan pressed a light kiss to my forehead before moving through to the living room.

I gave Josh a small, grateful smile and then turned into the oversized bedroom. The bed was already made and the huge pillows looked unbelievably inviting. I could sense Josh behind me but I didn't turn to face him.

"Do you have maids that come in to do the cleaning and the beds?" I asked, curiosity gnawing at me.

"Yes," he replied, "Every weekday and then we do the weekend chores ourselves. We like privacy so they come when we're out." It made sense, I remember them telling me that they do their own dishes for that exact reason. However Josh's voice sounded tense and strained, it didn't sound like he was just talking about laundry.

I padded across to the bed and climbed beneath the sheets, my head resting against the headboard so that I was facing Josh. He was leaning against the wooden frame of the door, his arms crossed against his chest. He looked unbelievably dark and sexy.

We watched each other in silence, I couldn't remember how long had passed when he suddenly spoke, it could have been seconds or hours.

"Please don't run."

The words had impact because I am a runner. I run when things get tough. It was instinct for me, as a child I had to be completely independent. When things got bad I'd run...It's the reason I'm still alive. I respond to a negative stimuli by getting myself the hell out of the situation.

"How I feel scares me," I admitted to him, it was the truth. I feel so vulnerable opening myself up again to possible pain. I should learn from past mistakes.

Ethan pushed off the doorframe and stalked closer to the bed, I held my breath as he reached the end of the bed, "And you don't think that how I feel for you doesn't scare me too?" He ran a hand through his hair, frustration evident as he tugged lightly, "Hell I almost knocked Lance out earlier when I saw him on you like that...the thought of anyone else other than us touching you makes me go crazy."