Chapter 2

My dad was dead

My dad was dead.

No. My dad was murdered. Right infront of my eyes, just like my mum.

And as the realisation suddenly ran through me, the tears started flowing.

"Fuck. Fuck. FUCK." I screamed into the nothingness, knowing that no one could hear me.

Deja vu slowed through me as I remembered the way my mum had been killed, by the same man, in the same way.

I watched his eyes lose their life, just like I did with mum. I saw the way that the happiness and the light-heartedness that always flowed through him just disappeared, just like that.

"No, no Brian please don't... please don't do this to me. Don't make me go through this again." I pleaded with the corpse infront of me.

Because I knew it was just that. A corpse.

But I still tried to bargain with him, as if my words would bring him back to life.

As if my words would take my pain away.

But it didn't work because he was still there, his body lying cold. Lifeless.

Anger coursed through me, fuelling my body to jump up. I was going to kill him.

By the time I had turned back to him though, he was no where to be seen.

Without missing a beat, I stood up and ran at the bloodbath that lay behind the glass wall, looking around for Ocean's and Connor's bodies, almost expectantly.

Relief poured through me though when I realised that they must have gotten out. They were no where to be seen in this blood bath.

Thank god, they must have gotten out alive.

But as I stood up to look around the room, all I could see was blood. Bodies and blood. Everywhere.

It was a weird feeling, standing in the midst of all these dead people, alive. My soul felt like it was outside of my body, like I wasn't actually standing there, looking at the dead bodies surrounding me.

I'm making it sound like there were hundreds of bodies there, there were only 4.

But the way they were placed around the room made it seem like so many more.

Most people don't even get to see a dead body in their lives, I was now surrounded by 4.

The eerie silence that had overtaken the area was soon broken as the ear-piercing sirens blared while red and blue lights blinded me. I would have almost found it funny how useless the police are. Like, what's the point in arriving so late? I knew there was no hope for any of the people who got shot.