Chapter 23

Getting closer, I could feel the heat radiating off of Jacob's body

Getting closer, I could feel the heat radiating off of Jacob's body. It wasn't a burn but it was comfortable, the type of warmth you'd feel when you're being warmed from the inside.

It was intoxicating.

I couldn't stop moving towards him as his heat attracted me like a moth. The invisible flames that left him drew me closer and closer until we were hardly inches apart.

I placed my hands on his shoulders as he placed his on my waist.

"Jacob, I need you to know that there's a chance we won't be making ourselves out of this. I mean, we nearly died alone in the day of the race and even then, your dad wasn't actively trying to torture me." I whispered whilst licking my eyes with his angelic blues.

"I don't think that torture it quite the right word."

"How about the impending doom he has waiting for me?" I said as I watched his mouth twitch upwards.

"It's fine, as long as you come back, it's fine."

I moved away from him slightly and let out a small sigh.

"You say that like we've known each other for years when the truth is, it's hardly been two weeks."

"I know thing about you that not even you'd know about yourself, May."

"Things like what?"

"Things for later."

I looked at him, trying to get him to tell him more through my eyes but he didn't seem to understand.

What a dumbass.

Another sigh escaped me.

Wow, three sighs in one sitting? Must be a record, even for me.

"I best get going to my room before I'm caught. Probably won't be pretty if I am caught."

"Bye, May."

I walked/ran to my guest room and just as I had plopped myself onto the luxury of a bed, a knock came at the door.

I didn't know who I was expecting so as quietly as possible, I tiptoed to the door and placed my ear against the door.

That didn't help achieve anything, by the way.

In the end, I just opened the door and to my surprise, it was Isten on the other side.