Chapter 44

Please vote and comment <3

Stumbling up, I sent Connor a glare through his back

"Why didn't you tell me you were working for Mendez."

He looked at me, then turned his back to me again.

Oh, this boy had nerve.

"Connor."

Ignored.

"Connor, I'm warning you."

The sides of his lips slightly upturned but other than that, he just completely ignored me again.

"Fine, ignore me all you like but can you at least uncuff me?"

"I'm not stupid Maya, I know you can uncuff yourself without my help."

I groaned, knowing perfectly well that I could if I wanted to. But honestly, that was so much effort.

"The minute i get out of these cuffs, I'm going to knock you out you know."

"Oh really?" He asked, his whole face now lit up with amusement.

He really thought this was funny, didn't he?

I stopped dead in my tracks, waiting for him to notice the fact that I had stopped. Guess I was actually going to put into use that self defense I'd been taught for so long.

"Maya, you ok?"

I faked a tear, trying to play on his sympathy card.

"Connor, I just, I just can't stand it when you lie to me. I thought we were meant to be the best of friends, you know?"

"Hey, hey, I was just teasing earlier, I didn't know it'd make you this upset." He said, worry actually evident in his eyes.

Too bad he wasted his worries on me because next thing he knew, I was jumping up, kicking him right in the face. He stepped back, hissing as he clutched his nose.

But I wasn't done yet.

I walked up to his now nose-blood ridden face and roundhouse kicked him to the side.

I mean, he did only have a month's training from Derek, not like that was really going to stand much chance against me who had been doing it for most of my life.

"Fucking hell Maya, are you bipolar?"

"No, I just do things to get what I want." I said as Connor now teetered on the edge of balance after the last attack.

I finally brought him to the ground, front kicking him into a sitting position before kicking him one last time in the face, knocking him out for at least a while.

Serves him right for keeping things from me, I thought as I now got to work on the handcuffs that were still hindering my freedom.

Bending my head down, I tried to undo one of the bobby pins which were in abundance all over my head.