Chapter 38

Please leave a vote <3

I went back into the living room, my head only pounding with more ferocity from last night's hangover

I needed to sleep.

See, I didn't want to think about what I'd found out last night. I didn't want to think about how Connor and Zara were playing their own game behind our backs.

They were trying to keep me safe, that I'm thankful for but why did they have to keep it a secret from me?

And if what they said was true, I had to get out of here or else I'd once again be putting everyone I care about in danger.

That's happened a few too many times now.

"Jacob, make me another coffee?"

"Sure." he said, then he walked off into the kitchen.

The workers were all out of work today because it was some bank holiday, not that I knew which one.

After Jacob left, I went into the second living room in order to lie on the couch or something, just to rest my eyes a little bit but Derek had already beaten me to it, lying on the longest couch there was.

Groaning, I said "Get off the couch, Derek, I need to get some sleep."

"I thought you weren't talking to me."

"I won't talk to you again if you don't get off the couch."

"Why were you mad at me."

"Get off the couch and I might explain."

Nodding, he got up and moved himself so there was just enough space for me to sit down.

"Go on then. What amazing reason have you got for not talking to me for 2 weeks, then kissing me like your life depended on it."

"That's  not even what happened."

"Which bit, the not talking bit or the kissing bit?"

"You know I'm talking about the kissing thing. I was absolutely wasted, it didn't mean anything."

I looked in his eyes and just then, there was a moment where I couldn't see anything but sadness.

He wasn't even trying to hide the fact that it had upset him anymore.

"I'm sorry if you thought it was more, but Derek, you know that whenever I'm drunk, I always do things I regret."

"What, like that one time where you nearly jumped Zayn because he saved you from walking into a car?"

"We don't talk about anything that happened at Zayn's. Ever. Nope, won't have it."

"How about when---"

"LA LA LA BLAH BLAH LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU."

There was a moment of silence before the both of us fell into laughter.