Chapter 3

'Meet me at the old house, 7pm tomorow

Ps- I think I have two people you might want to see. See you soon! -J'
My mind went numb as I thought about Ocean and Connor in the hands of Silver. Whatever happened, I was going tomorrow.
~~~
The hairs on the back of my neck were standing to attention as I left the station, looking around to see if there was anyone watching. I scanned the area but I just couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching me. There were a group of people ranging from all ages but one man stood out in the crowd.  A young man caught my eye. His silver eyes and dark hair caught my attention to be exact.

Chills ran through my spine as I felt myself picking up speed, nearly breaking into a full on sprint but before I could, I found myself on the porch of my house, panting from the run and the adrenaline.

His eyes, the just looked so much like Silver's.

But before I could overthink what I saw, I remembered tomorrow's meeting with Silver.
I picked up my phone, originally to call Ocean and tell her what I saw but my fingers wouldn't scroll past Dereks contact.

You're probably thinking, who the fuck is Derek?

Long story put short, he was a childhood friend of mine. A childhood friend who was there with me on the day of my mum's murder, but not in the way that you would think.

Ever since that day, he hadn't spoken to me again.

But I just physically couldn't scroll past his contact.

Has he changed his number by now? Maybe... maybe he won't be so mad at me anymore? 

Would he pick up if I called?

I cringed as I thought about the harsh words and actions I did against Derek, even though I knew I had no choice.

Overcome with curiosity, I called his number, secretly praying that he'd pick up.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Im not here right now but if it's urgent leave a voicemail. If it isn't, you're gonna have to deal.

I giggled at his bluntness as small memories of when we were younger came back to me.

One time, I vividly remember asking to be pushed on the swing, asking for him to push harder. I remember him warning me that he'd fling me off if I kept on asking. I just thought he was bluffing, thinking he wouldn't actually fling me off, would he?