Chapter 51

Please vote and comment <3

"I realise my q&a session was really cut short by those waiters, wasn't it?" Mendez said after cutting the engine of the car

We had arrived back at Sapphire but we still had 3 hours till 6, till we had to go to that dinner with Haran, Mirage's gang leader.

Hundereds of unanswered questions still flew around my head, the waiters not having given me enough time to ask what I needed to ask.

I knew that in the end, I was going to gradually learn everything but that would take way too long. I'm not exactly the most patient person known to man so I was going to question my way through it.

"Good thing we still have three hours till the dinner, right Mendez?"

"Hmm." he sighed with content as he looked over at me. "You're not going to let this go are you?"

"Nope."

"Might aswell go to the office then." He turned to Caleb giving him a nod. "I'll see you later with the others, Caleb, they're all going to be gunning to see you. They missed you a lot."

"I know." Caleb said with a smirk as he got out of the car.

I followed, going into the house and going up the stairs to the third floor, knowing that's where the actual gangs living quarters and Mendez' office was.

Light footsteps belonging to Mendez followed, showing me that for once, my questions might actually get answered.

The floor was almost identical to mine, give or take a few numbers of rooms and the colours of the doors. His office was hard to miss, being the only room with a pure deep mahogany door which was clearly polished often.

I took a seat in the black plush chair that sat opposite what I took as his desk. It was you're average rich kid office, the desk sitting in the middle of the room with a library's worth of books on one side of the room, the other holding a circle of sofa's which was probably used more for the dirty than for business.

I was too busy taking in his room to realise he'd already sat down and placed his elbows up on the table, waiting for me to begin.

"How was Brian involved in all of this?"

"You couldn't have started with something a bit easier?"

"Answer or I leave."

Mendez just rolled his eyes. He knew that I knew that he knew that I was bluffing. I couldn't leave even if I'd wanted to. He was much stronger than me anyways, as we had established this morning.

"I'm not promising that you're going to like what you hear but I know that you're here for the truth. That's what I'll give you. For reasons that you'll find out later tonight, Brian had to take care of you with Eleanor. I know you saw and read the diary. Well, interpreted it. You used to live with me and Eleanor but then my own dad made me start my proper training, knowing that the South - now the Wings - were starting to grow stronger and were trying to overthrow us."