Chapter 17

After about half an hour, I had calmed my trembling and slowly rose to my feet again and picked up the box

After about half an hour, I had calmed my trembling and slowly rose to my feet again and picked up the box. Looking at the note, I read 'To get out of the room, all you have to do it shoot down the door then find your way back to the dining room.'

Seemed easy enough, right?

That's what I had thought aswell, obviously that was before I held the gun in my hands again.

At the first touch, I could feel myself nearing closer and closer to another mental breakdown, my fingers shaking and spazzing and I could see bubbles and fog as I tried to steady it's aim.

Tears pricked at my eyes again as I tried to pull the trigger but I could only see my mothers dead, lifeless eyes staring back at me, punishing me for going through with his plan.

I should have just killed myself when I had gotten the chance, then none of this would have ever happened.

It had taken a while for me to overcome the dark put feeling in my stomach every time I held them gun.

Smoothing my hands along the grooves of the forearm, I finally steadied my aim and pointed it towards the doors lock and before I knew it, I was just shooting the door down while seeing Silvers body there instead of the brass lock.

I pulled and pulled and pulled until I felt that the barrel was completely empty. Opening my eyes, I stared at the door in horror.

I had just done that.

I had just shot down a door, imagining my worst enemy there instead.

What if he was actually there, would that mean I'd be capable of murder? Would I really have turned into such a heartless, cold person? Would I have become a monster like him?

Dropping the gun, my hands started to tremble uncontrollably. Sadness and betrayal flowed through my veins as I felt tears pooling in my eyes but I had to remember the fact hat Jack could always be watching, he could be watching me right now and jumping with joy at seeing me so upset, so distraught. So I puled it together in a fake confidence that I knew would be non- existent the second I walked through that door but I knew it had to be done.

The corridor was nothing like I was expecting, the strong dark contours of the room contrasting the creamy beige that covered most of the walls. It almost looked like something out of a storybook, the way the design flowed from one item to another, making a steady flow of beauty in different forms.

I took in every detail, every painting, every plants, every dent in the wall as I made my way to a set of stairs. Curiosity took a hold of me once more and I made my way down the stairs. It only lead to a single door that was locked. I jiggled around the handle, trying to find a way in but to no avail, it was sealed shut.

I carefully climbed up the stairs again, slowly rising to the floor above where my room was before. The design was still the same sophisticated beauty as it was on the other floors.